Search

lost messages!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Kathy

lost messages!

2 weeks ago I posted a message asking for suggestions regarding places to visit and stay in Tuscany. I can't find it anymore when I run a search but I did want to reply and say thank you to the folks whose comments I received up through the 14th. I'm glad I printed them out! Didn't want to seem rude by just disappearing-the information's been very helpful!<BR>One more question I have is what is "Topping"? I've seen alot of that or "I will top my suggestions for you..." Sorry, but I'm clueless...<BR>Thanks again!!<BR>Happy Trails

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Rex

"Topping" refers to any little message, no matter how inconsequential - - simply "to the top" is popular - - so that the message and all its replies (called the "thread") - - moves back"up" in the left hand column - - since threads are listed in the order of the most recent message added to them.<BR><BR>This message - - although more lengthy than just "to the top" - - "tops" your question.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR>P.S. Was about 14 days ago precisely? The search function is currently not working for anything posted since January 9.<BR>

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Rex

Since you printed it out, can you tell me what EXACTLY was the message header? And when was the last message added to it - - at the time you printed it out?<BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:16 PM
Popular Topper

To the top!!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:05 AM
j

Thanks, Kathy, for the great idea to title your post "lost message," and thanks, Rex, for the answer! I too have lost my posts, and wrote to the help desk but hadn't heard back. Thanks also for the definition of "topping."

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:51 AM
Rex

to fischywischy:<BR><BR>Suggest you leave info on the message header ("title") of your posts - - as close to exactly as you posted it, as you can remember. Any idea how many days ago you posted it?<BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 02:15 PM
j

Thanks, Rex. I did, "Florence - Savoy or Helvetia & Bristol?" I got one response who said that she had seen the original post!