Reload this Page >

looking for the best of the best two brothers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 1999, 09:31 AM
james

We are 28 and 30 we need recommendations on hotels and things to do . We want the best hotels possible but yet cool at the same time. in america the Delano hotel in Miami weould be a good example. Any help at all!!! <BR>

Old Jul 22nd, 1999, 09:36 AM
Helen

Hi James, I liked this version of your posting better than the last one, in that you omitted those yucky all-caps, and also the brag about the money. However the other one was better in that it actually specified your destination. Three times's the charm?

Old Jul 22nd, 1999, 09:41 AM
Maira

James, <BR> <BR>Can you narrow this down a bit? Likes, dislikes, budget, time of the year, lenght of stay, car vs. train preference, any special thing about hotels... BTW, Hotel Delano is the Art Deco hotel in Miami, right?

Old Jul 22nd, 1999, 10:48 AM
elaine

Where are you going? <BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 03:09 AM
Martha B

I'm assuming you're the same James who's going to Santorini, Mykonos, and Athens in mid-September. Do a search on this forum for Oia; it's THE place to stay on Santorini. We really enjoyed the boat trip to the volcano and sulfer baths, too. <BR>From Mykonos, take a boat trip to Delos. Don't use the more-or-less-English-speaking guide. Either hire a private guide or buy a guidebook and wander around on your own. More fun, and more educational, too. <BR>In Athens, the Grande Bretagne is the famous, old hotel, and still very nice. If Syndagma Square is back to being a park and not a subway construction site, the location is excellent. <BR>Pretend you're not rich for an evening, and go to the Rembetika clubs around Exarchion Square. Wear black. Order a kafes frappe at one of the cafes on the square. Take a long time to drink it, while having an intense, philosophical discussion and trying to ignore the motor scooters zipping past on the sidewalk. Man, I miss Athens sometimes....

Old Jul 24th, 1999, 03:11 PM
SJ

Santorini is great but maybe not for you. You'll find a lot of couples soaking up the beauty and romance in Oia. I was there in 97 and thought Perivolas Villas or Katikies Villas looked like "cool" places to stay. Oia is "the place" to stay if you prefer a little quiet with your beauty. If you're looking for more action then you should stay in Fira (the main town on Santorini). I understand that the island of Ios is known as the "party island." Maybe a couple of single(?) men would prefer that to Santorini. <BR>