Reload this Page >

Looking for nice, inexpensive lodging in Interlaken

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 1998, 06:32 PM
Chris

I'm planning a trip to Europe in April 1999 and will have 3-4 days in Switzerland. We want to base ourselves in Interlaken. Can anyone send me info and addresses on good inexpensive lodging there, preferably pension-type places with a full breakfast. Thanks in advance for your help. <BR>

Old Sep 14th, 1998, 12:13 PM
Richard Vicek

Good afternoon, Chris <BR>Check out the following <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>www.swisshotels.ch/ <BR>www.rooms.ch/ <BR>www.interlakentourism.ch/ <BR>www.berneroberland-hotels.ch/ <BR>You should be able to find something within these sites. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il.... <BR>

Old Sep 14th, 1998, 12:24 PM
Caryn

I stayed at Hotel Alphorn 3 blocks from Interlakes East train station. About $67/night, very friendly and helpful owners, breakfast available. Comfortable rooms with TV and sink. While unfortunately the toilet and shower were in the hall, they were spotless.

Old Sep 15th, 1998, 08:27 PM
Chris

Thanks for responding Richard and Caryn! I have surfed a couple of those web sites already which are pretty helpful, but the details on each accomodation is limited or incomplete. I did find the Hotel Alphorn on the interlakentourism.ch/ site and appreciate your additional information on it, Caryn. $67/nt is considerably cheaper than what was listed on the website! I'd appreciate anyone else's details on where they stayed. Thanks alot.

Old Sep 16th, 1998, 04:33 AM
Anna

You might want to go to ricksteves.com, go to country by country info, click on the Swiss flag. He has excerpts there that will be in his 1999 guidebook and I know he had some new listings for Interlaken. Have you considered staying in one of the mountain villages? My husband and I are going to Switzerland in 3 weeks (I am so excited!) and will be staying in Gimmelwald when we are in the Bernese Oberland. The village has a website (gimmelwald-news.ch). We are staying at the Pension Gimmelwald for 90SF per night (~$60). <BR>

Old Sep 16th, 1998, 06:21 AM
Phil

Chris; We stayed at the Hotel Spiess in Interlaken a few years ago. It is just off the main street, at Jungfraustr, 19. <BR>It was run by a very nice couple, he's Italian, she Swiss, who were very helpful and gracious, I thought they owned the place. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, our room overlooked a park at the rear. I think the price was 85 Swiss Francs a night, of course the was several years ago, but we thought it very reasonable. It also had a good restaurant.

Old Sep 22nd, 1998, 04:45 PM
Chris

Thanks everyone for your replys and help. This forum has been so helpful in planning our trip - 100% more than any travel agents! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Anyone else's input would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks.

Old Nov 12th, 1998, 02:08 PM
Bhavna

Hi, <BR> <BR>We were in Interlaken last year and we stayed at Hotel Lotchesberg, very close to the station, since we had heavy bags. <BR>The owners were a very nice and helpful couple. The rooms were a little small but well equipped. It was about 120 SF. <BR> <BR>Bhavna <BR>

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 10:04 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Chris,You are getting alot of good advise for your trip. The best value I <BR>have found in Interlaken is a private <BR>pension not far from the west station <BR>called De La Paix. A Swiss home---he is <BR>local, she was the English nanny that <BR>married the son. See if you can find it <BR>on any of the sites. I will guess about <BR>$80/double---2 star rating--good food.

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 11:08 AM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>We like the Hotel Bellevue, older, floors creaky sometimes but lots of atmosphere. Get a room facing the river/mountains for breathtaking view. Centrally located, owners very nice and helpful.

Old Dec 2nd, 1998, 04:19 AM
Jeff Walker

Chris, <BR> <BR>My wife and I just returned this past weekend from Interlaken. We stayed at the Hotel Alpina in Matten (just outside of the city limits). Fantastic room and location. The owners are very warm and helpful, the price was right (110.00 CHF), and they have the most adorable puppy you can imagine. Definitely recommended. You are about a 2 minute walk to the bus stop that takes you into Interlaken proper. It costs 3 CHF and gets you to the Interlaken West train station in less than 5 minutes. Going the other way, the bus takes you to the train station where you pick up the train for Lauterbrunnen and the Jungfrau region. Quite simple. Also, its not a far (15-20) walk in to Interlaken. By the way, the breakfast is great! Let me know how you do.

Old Dec 2nd, 1998, 04:21 AM
Jeff Walker

Chris, <BR> <BR>My wife and I just returned this past weekend from Interlaken. We stayed at the Hotel Alpina in Matten (just outside of the city limits). Fantastic room and location. The owners are very warm and helpful, the price was right (110.00 CHF), and they have the most adorable puppy you can imagine. Definitely recommended. You are about a 2 minute walk to the bus stop that takes you into Interlaken proper. It costs 3 CHF and gets you to the Interlaken West train station in less than 5 minutes. Going the other way, the bus takes you to the train station where you pick up the train for Lauterbrunnen and the Jungfrau region. Quite simple. Also, its not a far (15-20 minute) walk in to Interlaken. By the way, the breakfast is great! Let me know how you do.