Reload this Page >

Looking for hotel in Dinan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:12 PM
frelen

We're looking for a place to stay in Dinan,Brittany-hotel, B&B or Chateaux. I did see something about a place called Logis du Jerzual but the description said there was a long walk to the house up a cobbled street. <BR>Anyone one have any iformation on this or other places?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:35 AM
topper

TTT

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Betty

Sorry, I have no personal experience staying in Dinan, but maybe this site will help (if you haven't already seen it.) It has a website link to the Jerzual as well as other hotels and B&B's in and around Dinan. I must say that the Jerzual, a 3-star Best Western property, would not be my first choice. Too modern and and American motel-like for my tastes. Site includes a video. Hope this is helpful.<BR><BR>http://www.dinan-tourisme.com/ (available in English)

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:59 AM
frelen

Thanks for the web site. It was a help.<BR> <BR>Now looking into Hotel le D'Avaugour. Has anyone ever stayed there or at Hotel Arvor? <BR><BR>Still looking.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Lulu

Le Logis du Jerzual in Dinan is a B&B recommended in Karen Brown's guidebook. I don't think you can go wrong with that...that is, if you can get in! We are staying in one of "her" B&Bs in nearby St. Pierre de Plesguen.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Betty

I must apologize. Not being able to reconcile Lulu's post with what I saw on the Dinan OT site, I had another look. I made an amateurish mistake: just because names are similar, it doesn't mean it's the same place!<BR><BR>Le Logis de Jerzual <BR>26 quai des Talards<BR>Port de Dinan<BR>22100 LANVALLAY<BR>T&eacute;l : 02.96.87.02.02 <BR>Fax : 02.96.87.02.03 <BR><BR>HOTEL LE JERZUAL <BR>25, 27 rue du Petit-Fort<BR>22100 DINAN<BR>T&eacute;l : 02.96.85.46.54 <BR>Fax : 02.96.39.46.94 <BR><BR> It's the latter that I didn't like the looks of. Frelen, you and Lulu are apparently referring to the former. Sorry if I mislead you.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Betty

Sorry again! I meant "misled."

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Frelen

Thanks to Betty & Lulu. All this being said, I go back to part of my original question of- does anyone know about this 'long walk' or perhaps some other place.<BR>What about Hotel le D'Avaugour or Hotel Arvor?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:28 AM
jw

Hi frelen, All I can contribute is this memory. We arrived in Dinan by train and it was a flat walk into the old town. That part of Dinan, with its ancient buildings and cobbled streets, is high above a winding river with little boats docked along it. The most picturesque streets in the old town are indeed those that go steeply down toward the 'harbor' -- in fact, I remember one with the name Jerzual. I guess I'd try to ask the owners of your b&b about the difficulties re parking (are you driving?)-- just in case you would have to park at the base of the hill and walk up. Good luck. Dinan is beautiful.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:14 PM
frelen

Anyone know about Hotel Avaugour or Hotel Arvor?--- or any place else?<BR>Still looking for a place to stay in Dinan. We'll use this as a base for the area. Originaly thought about St. Malo but after reading the messages on this board ,am now thinking of Dinan.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 01:17 PM
xyz

Top,Top,Top

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Ann

We stayed at the Hotel d'Avaugour in '95 for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would ask for a larger room if possible. Much better as a base, I think, than St. Malo.