Reload this Page >

Looking for Great B&Bs in Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Kathy

I am looking for nice accomodations for 5 nights thoughout Ireland. Can anyone recommend good B&Bs, Manors or a Castle or 2?

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 10:23 PM
sammie

I am sure that either Michelle Erdvig at IrelandYes.com or Patricial Preston at IrelandExpert.com can help you.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Snooze

Try looking at www.muckross.8m.com for a quality B&B in Killarney, one of Irelands most visited tourist spots.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:33 AM
mjs

Agree that Pat Preston's site is helpful. Would personally recommend Drumcreehy House in Ballyvaughn and Heaton"s in Dingle.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Nancy

Dear Kathy,<BR><BR>Highly recommend Heaton's in Dingle and the Quay House in Clifden.<BR><BR>Nancy

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 11:41 AM
steve

Check with the Town and COuntry association of B&amp;B's. Everyone we stayed at was fine

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:46 AM
spark

Just returned for Shannon last night, in Killarny you must stay at Oaklawn House, or Ardee House, both a 2 minute walk from town, the first one accepts vouchers all the time, the second one does depending on how crowed they are, have fun.....

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Krista

Absolutely stay in Dromoland Castle!! One of the most luxurious and friendly places I have ever stayed all over the world. I would also suggest Cashel Palace Hotel in Cashel. You can see the Rock of Cashel lit up at night.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 08:15 PM
mr. ed

I have a fantastic list of 40 B&amp;Bs but who has time to type them all with their web sites and phone numbers? Get yourself a good guide book and have fun.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:03 AM
jeff

If you are planning to see the Aran islands, the Burren, or the Cliffs of Moher, a stay in the Atlantic View B&amp;B is defintely worth the stay. It is located in Doolin, Co. Clare. I stayed there at the beginning of Oct and the proprietors could not have been nicer.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 04:14 AM
jink

Hi,<BR>try Shelburne Lodge in kenmare and Fortview House in Goleen, Co. Cork

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 07:07 AM
David D.

Kathy,<BR><BR>Ireland is chock-a-block with quality lodging. Allow me to recommend several that I've sampled, all featuring the best in hospitality and setting.<BR><BR>County Clare: <BR>Clifden House, located in Corofin.<BR>Fergus View, also in Corofin.<BR><BR>County Cork:<BR>Fortview House, located in Goleen (West Cork).<BR><BR>County Donegal:<BR>Ardnamona House, located on the shore of Lough Eske, just outside Donegal town.<BR>Rhu Gorse, located close to Ardnamona.<BR>The Mill Restaurant and Accommodation, located in Dunfanaghy.<BR><BR>I'll stop there, but should you be looking for lodging in a particular region, feel free to ask.<BR><BR>Best of luck.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 10:28 AM
xxx

Recommend Hunters Hotel in the Wicklow area south of Dublin.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 10:34 AM
julie

We've booked through CIE tours-self driving tour. You pay an upfront amount and receive vouchers prior to your departure to use throughout ireland and no.ireland. You can also get your car rental as part of your pacakage. They provide you with a listing of all B&amp;B's as well as a web link to see them prior to your departure. It's relatively inexpensive and if you want you can always upgrade to a castle or hotel.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Mike

We did a septre tour with vouchers. Would never do it again. Some of the nice places don't take the vouchers. If you do the math, you are better off to book your own flight, rental car, and pay as you go for lodging. By the way, I don't think Manors or Castles take the vouchers.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 01:46 PM
julie

Maybe it's the time of year you go. We are paying $303 per person for 6 nights B&amp;B and car rental. I think that is pretty good. We did find our flight elsewhere much cheaper. Through the company we went with you can pay extra with the voucher if you decide you want to stay at a hotel or castle. The B&amp;B's we've checked out are great. However a good point is that it depends on what you want, the more expensive B&amp;B's most likely are not in the voucher program.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Jan Casey

Julie - when are you travelling to Ireland? I would be very interested in hearing about the B&amp;B's you are staying at - we are travelling in March/April - driving and putting together plans currently - cheers Jan

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 09:48 AM
marguerite

We're also travelling in late March early April and are looking for a &quot;not-too-outrageously-expensive&quot; B&amp;B in Dingle or Tralee for 3 nights.<BR><BR>Any suggestions on which town would be better? Any ideas on moderately priced B&amp;Bs?

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:51 PM
Gerry

There are a couple of marketing groups in Ireland. Our favourite is Friendly Homes of Ireland. Nice old manor houses with character and usually high standards. Look at www.tourismresources.ie

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:17 AM
JudyB

Julie: Did you book the 300.00 per person trip yourself or through an agent? does that include air? <BR><BR>thanks<BR>Judy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -