Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

lookin for a job in paris next summer. how do u get 1?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:08 PM
dave

lookin4 a job next summer in paris, july and august, anyone know how to get one?<BR>

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:14 PM
Mr. Paris

dave,<BR><BR>It would help greatly if you would learn to use Capitols and complete words, ie. Paris, July and August, etc.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:29 PM
mr. london

or even capitals

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:34 PM
Miss Paris

Being literate in your own language would be a good start. Being literate in French would be a bonus. But apart from that you'd need a work permit, and your chances of getting one are mighty slim unless you can get an American company to hire you (I assume you're American by your level of literacy). Alternatively, you can sing for your supper on the streets or take up the fine art of miming.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:38 PM
Belinda

Miss Paris,<BR><BR>If you read Dave's email address you will surmise that your assumption that he is American is premature (which leads me to the quip &quot;to assume makes an ass of u and me&quot.<BR><BR>I believe that as a member of the EU you can actually get a job in Paris. You should do a search on some of the websites that actually have this kind of information. I've talked to young people who are on the appropriate visas. Good luck.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:41 PM
XXX

Maybe you should learn to read before you spout off at the mouth. Now get off the computer and go clean your room you little punk.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:34 PM
Leslie

Dave, have you thought of contacting agencies that specialize in contract employment for short periods of time? In the US, they are called temp agencies. I recall walking through Paris and seeing some businesses that actually do these type of placements, but most of them appeared to be clerical type positions. Also, you might check into businesses in the leisure industry.<BR><BR>I have no idea what type of papers you will need to work in France, but a few calls to these businesses might provide you with the answers.