Longfields Hotel in Dublin??

Mar 25th, 2002, 05:17 AM
flo

Longfields Hotel in Dublin??

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with Longfields Hotel in Dublin? I did a search on the Forum but didn't find it mentioned. It's address is 10 Fitzwilliams St. Lower. Is that a "good" part of town -- safe, within walking distance of many sites, etc? Thank you.

Mar 25th, 2002, 03:09 PM
ernie

It is a fine place, in a good loction, kind of like a townhouse in the middle of Dublin.

Mar 25th, 2002, 04:02 PM
ann

We stayed at Longfield's in October and loved it - I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It consists of two Georgian houses knocked together, so the size of the rooms does vary considerably, but all of them we looked at were very nice. We booked one of the "superior" rooms, which was a good size. At first we were concerned that it would be noisy because it was over the street, but it was fine. The hotel is definitely in a "good" location - within very close walking distance of many restaurants and pubs, an easy walk to Grafton St., Trinity, Temple Bar, the National Gallery, etc., and also an easy walk to the Pearse DART station, which is handy for trips out of town.

Mar 26th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Ann

What kind of rates can one expect to pay at Longfields?

Mar 27th, 2002, 04:46 AM
ann

I think ours worked out to about $175 per night - some rooms were less, though. You can check their rates on their web site at www.longfields.ie - they might have a web special for the dates that you're in Dublin.