Search

LondonPass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Catalina

LondonPass

Has anyone used the LondonPass? It looks as though it is a good value. The only potential problem I saw is that some ground transportation cannot be used before 9:30 a.m. Any experiences? Thanks.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 07:12 AM
Dorris

My daughter and I purchased a day LondonPass with travel card for our 10 visit in May. We kept track of what we would have spent if we had not purchased the card/with travel pass, and we more than got our money's worth. Since this was our first visit we hit all the tourist spots--The Tower, Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court, Windsor, Kensington Palace, the Royal Mews, St. Pauls, etc. Another nice thing about the card is that we did not have to stand in line but went right through with a swipe of the card. Also, the travel card was good for travel to Windsor and Hampton Court, also on the bus tour around London. We also used it for a cruise down the Thames. It also gave us a discount at several of the places we ate. Also, used the Internet Cafe to keep in touch with home. We think it was a bargain. I imagine it depends on how many of the "attractions" you plan to take in. We ordered ours and had it sent to us before our trip so that we could get the travel card. We did not have any bad experience with using it anywhere. Will be glad to answer any questions.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Alicia

I'm curious about the LondonPass as well. A question - was the cruise down the Thames free, or just discounted?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:48 PM
carmen

Where do you order the London Pass and is it one that must be purchased before you leave?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:04 PM
janis

The London Pass is a fairly good deal. It includes travel cards for all 6 tube zones (but most 1st timers only need zone 1 except for Hampton Court or Kew). <BR><BR>Their website is www.londonpass.com The transit passes are only included if you order from outside the UK - if you buy the pass in Londom you don't get the travel card.