Reload this Page >

London with children

Search

London with children

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 1999, 04:15 PM
John Wolf

London with children

We'll be tracvelling at the end of June to London. I've looked at hotels, but none metion children. (I have two boys Ages 7&9). Are there better places to stay with kids, which also don't cost an arm & a leg ? So far I've read nothing pertaining to them. Also I saw a hotel in Bloomsbury (The Euston Plaza) looks like a good deal I'm not sure. Any info would be much appreciated.

Old May 10th, 1999, 09:48 AM
wes fowler

John, <BR>check the website www.demon.co.uk/hotel-uk/guards.html <BR>for information on the London Guards hotel. I've recommended this hotel in the past to parents traveling with children and have received favorable comments from parents upon their return. Rooms have been more than adequate, prices reasonable and location fine.

Old May 10th, 1999, 04:57 PM
Bill Irving

We are going to London for 4 days in mid-June with our 7 & 11 yr old sons. We will be staying at the Hotel Russell just off of Russell Square, in Bloomsbury. Have stayed there before, for 9 days with our oldest son, & we like the area. Call the Fortis Hotel reservations number in the USA. They also have 30 day advance discounts that they have offered for June. <BR>

Old May 15th, 1999, 07:17 AM
Mark

One hotel that I would suggest for people with children is the Commodore Hotel who are recommended in Fodors London Guide. They have a collection of teddy bears and satellite TV to keep them entertained! I have put some other hotel recommendations and reviews on my homepage at <BR>http://londonhotels.cjb.net which you may find helpful. <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR>Mark.

Old May 18th, 1999, 10:07 AM
anna

If you are staying at least a week, look into short let apartments. Many student apartments are available at reasonable rates in the summer especially. Do a search on "London apartments" or "London short lets" or get the booklet "City Apartments" from the BTA. We had a lovely student apartment for 5 for about $125 per night with TV, washer/dryer, and full kitchen. Great for the kids to have space to hang out and saved money by doing breakfast ourselves.

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 08:11 PM
Yitz

Apartment Hotels are a great Option, <BR>Serch the Web under <BR>" London Apartments " <BR>or the Tourist board has a publication Called City Apartments <BR>Or WWW.Vacationspot.com <BR>or try Parkway London Apartments <BR>800-398-9677 fax 718-493-3317

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 11:18 AM
L.Zeev

I would like to point out a suites hotel , name the Allen House. <BR>some of the suites are timeshares , and some are not . <BR>It is a very nice place in the best <BR>part of London - Kensington , <BR>Only 3 minute walk from the High Street <BR>Kensington Underground station. <BR>every suite hase a full kitchen so <BR>it is good for families who have <BR>problems with hotel food , so you can <BR>do at least in the morning the same <BR>food the kids like and use to. <BR>If some of you are going to be in London <BR>July 10th till July 17th , 1999 <BR>I can help with a timeshare sleep-4 <BR>suite. <BR>Thank you <BR>Zeev

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 05:31 PM
Wendy

John, <BR>We stayed at the London Guards Hotel (as mentioned in Wes's post above) with our two children,5 and 10, last summer. I think it was a good deal(101 pounds per night for the four of us).The price was right,the hotel was clean, and the location was great. The room was huge with two single beds and a fold out queen sized sofa bed. The bathroom was clean and new. There was airconditioning (and we sure needed it last June) and a refridgerator in the room. Breakfast was very basic and the people who run the place were fine but not overly friendly. The hotel was on a quiet circle a few short blocks from the convenient Lancaster Gate tube. It is also two blocks from Kensington Gardens <BR>(a great place for the kids to run around , play ball and see the Peter Pan statue). Have a great trip.