Reload this Page >

london- which travel inn location?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 08:56 AM
amy

i've heard many good things about travel inn on the site, but there are 4 locations in central london-- county hall (on belvedere rd), euston, tower bridge, and putney bridge. which location is best? it's our first time there and we plan to do all the usual sights as well as a bit of shopping. we'll only be there for 3 nights. thanks so much.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 10:46 AM
elaine

Someone I know from this forum recently stayed at the one on Belvedere Road and liked the location very much. They got a large room with a river view. Hotel is close to Westminster tube stop and Waterloo station, which makes it convenient for sightseeing.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 11:20 AM
ron

I stayed at both the County Hall and Euston Road locations last Fall. Rooms are essentially identical, so that is not a factor. A bit more traffic noise at Euston, but the regular ringing of the Big Ben bells at County Hall also intrudes. Better underground and train travel options at Euston. I preferred Euston to County Hall because of the greater choice of pubs, restaurants, convenience stores etc. in the area. The County Hall area is pretty much of a wasteland for these amenities, but that may change with the opening of the London Eye. <BR> <BR>For me, I would always choose Euston unless there was a specific reason to be near Waterloo station. The other two are not really central, so I would only choose them if Euston and County Hall were booked.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 03:01 PM
amy

thanks ron and elaine- very helpful. would like to add that we are thinking of doing a guided tour one day and shopping another day. are any of the locations closer to the shops and boutiques? looking to shop at harrods as well as the boutiques on kensington church street. and sorry to be so ignorant, but are the above, bond street and savile row all near each other? thanks.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 07:49 PM
ron

Amy, I'm the last person that should be providing shopping advice in London, but just in terms of geography, none of these shoppping areas are within easy walking distance from these hotels or each other (except of course, Bond st & Savile Row are near each other). But that is no big problem, that's what the excellent public transportation system, underground and buses,is for. So this factor will not help in choosing which hotel. <BR> <BR>ron