London: Where to eat in Bloomsbury?

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 06:11 PM
DMG
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London: Where to eat in Bloomsbury?

Any suggestions for good restaurants in Bloomsbury?
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 07:05 PM

Rodos is a small family run Greek restaurant on St. Giles High Street. It's near the intersection of New Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road.
The kitchen is on full view to the dining room, you can watch your dinner being prepared....if squabs are still on the menu, I highly recommend them.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 06:59 AM

Giottos is another family run restaurant if you love Italian food. Its address is 52 New Oxford Street. It is a small, family run, intimate restaurant serving delicious yet strangely for London, very inexpensive meals. I visit all the time and highly recommend it.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 10:03 AM

At lunchtime on weekdays I like
the range of restaurants along Lambs Conduit Street, 400 yards east of Russell Square.
the self-service restaurant at MacMillans, ground floor, Senate House, south west side of Russell Square,
and the meals in the student refectory in the basement of the School of Oriental and African Studies, at the west corner of Russell Square. These draw upon traditions from across the world, as befits the global clientele, and the cooks know how to use spices without excess.
From 1 October the same college offers lunches with waiter service, and wine, which are good, though perhaps more conservative. That restaurant, too, is in the basement.
Also from 1 October the upper central refectory in the main building of University College London, on Gower Street.
I like the Bengali restaurants on Drummond Street, just west of Euston main line station.

[email protected]
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 06:07 PM

I usually stay in Bloomsbury when in London, and absolutely love the North Sea Fish Restaurant. They have the freshest fish imaginable! Easy walk from the Russell Square tube station. From the station, walk straight ahead on Marchmont St. (towards Euston) to Leigh St., turn right, and restaurant is a few doors down street. Lots of locals eat there, very reasonable - you will love it!