Search

London West End Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London West End Tickets

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites for getting discounts on West End theatre tickets. Basically the equivalent of www.broadwaybox.com only for London shows. (It's a website that offers discount codes for ticketmaster purchases).

Thanks

Martin
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 09:39 AM

Not exactly what you asked for, but try:

http://www.lastminute.com/

http://www.theatremonkey.co.uk/

Keith
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 01:33 PM

I'm guessing you're not going in the next week? Too bad as there have been great deals which will end on March 25. See the following link:
http://www.officiallondontheatre.co....ntheatre/shows

Meanwhile, I have great luck (far better than New York) at the TKTS booth at Leicester Square. Use the same link as above and back up to get to the TKTS site which shows what is available today and at what price, and you'll see what I mean. Unlike New York, they only sell the top price tickets (nearly all at half price), so it is easy to get really good seats for all but a very small handful of shows in London -- those you'd never get on any discount anyway.
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 01:54 PM

I'm w/ Patrick on this. I only ever pre-book tickets if there is a massively popular show I MUST see and it is selling out. Certainly not shows available at a discount.

Otherwise I use TKTS or once in a while queue for returns at the theatre. I like to keep my options open. I'm always finding things in London that change my plans - a special exhibition, or concert or lecture or getting together w/ friends. If I've pre-booked all my theatre tix I'm stuck . . . . .
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM

Also, please note as both Patrick and Janis mentioned, when you get to Leicester Square be sure to use only the TKTS booth for your tickets. There are scores of half-price ticket booths all over Leicester Square. Avoid them like the plague. They are rip-offs.

Janis, like you I keep my options open. That is one of the joys of London - there is so much going on. What drives me crazy and this usually happens everytime I go - there will something I want to see and it's the week after I'm leaving!! About 5 years ago I had a chance to meet Paul McCartney except it was on the day I was going home!!
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 02:25 PM

The line-ups at the TKTS in New York can be really long. Is this the same in London? I don't want to spend an hour or longer in any lines! Is TKTS only good on Day on the show, days also?
Thanks,
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 03:01 PM

I've been in the TKTS line in London dozens of times. Sometimes it seems a mile long, but I don't recall EVER standing in line more that 15 or 20 minutes. They are very organized and it seems to move very quickly.

I love TKTS in London. I HATE TKTS in New York -- where they won't tell you what seats you're getting, even to the point of telling you they are center orchestra when they are actually last row against the wall.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM

Is it always for the day of the preformance tickets only?
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:38 PM

Yes.