Search

London visit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London visit

Myself and a friend are visiting London at the weekend and staying at the Travelodge, Covent Garden. Unfortunately they do not have a left luggage dept. and as we will be xmas shopping do not want to drag a suitcase around. Does anyone know of a left luggage facility around this area please.
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM

Hi Blockey,
I can't help you with that, but since I'd love to book there someday (and almost did for Christmas for 29&poundcould you please let us know about the hotel itself?
I already stayed at the Docklands one and it was not bad at all (for 26€ last April).
I always try to travel light and split the luggage into small backpacks. Each of my two boys has his own one.

Have fun lucky you!
coco
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 12:58 AM

oops! Blokey sorry!
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 01:01 AM

Hi

What about at Kings Cross Station. About a mile away (?). For luggage storage details refer - http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/KGX.html
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Original Poster

we have stayed at this Travelodge previously. It is in an excellent location, close to covent Garden and theatres etc. Although it is basic, it is very clean and beds comfortable, what more could you want! hopefully you are not going to spend much time in your room ! Thank you for your reply, what a dilema !
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for that. As we are travelling to and from Kings Cross this would be an excellent choice, didn't think of that, Thanks for your help
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 03:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you mean that after staying at this hotel, they will not let you leave your suitcase there for a while? I've never come across that before, it seems very mean. Have you actually asked and been told no, they will not allow you to leave a bag there for a few hours?

There is a left luggage facility at Kings Cross, I think they charge 6 pounds per item, per 24 hours. Other stations like Victoria or Paddington may also have left luggage, you could Google it, but I would double check with the hotel first.

Kay