Search

London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London, UK

Hello. Anybody here who is very familiar with London? I will be going for a short business trip, and I need to know how I can go from the Heathrow Airport to central London? What is the best mode of transportation that I can take to get to my destination at the least possible time? Thanks!
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 07:40 AM

Tell us your destination and we'll tell you how to get to it - though it's probably going to be the same options as for tourists - ie train / tube / taxi / car service / coach depending on where you wish to end up and how much you want to spend

In the mean time the Heathrow Airport website has the odd bit of information on the subject
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM

It seems that you want the fastest, not necessary the best. Me, if the company is picking up the tab I would take a taxi. If not I would take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington station and then a taxi to the hotel.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM

If someone else is paying, take the cab. If not, take the Heathrow Express into town (www.heathrowexpress.com). Very comfortable, affordable and fast.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Your destination does make a difference even IF someone else is picking up the tab. For some places the tube will be the fastest, for others the HEX and a taxi, and depending on day of week/time of day - a car service could be fastest to some locales . . . . .

So -- where are you going??
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

The company is providing a fixed allowance, so I still have to consider costs. But I guess I can still take the cab. I also found a good London tube map (http://www.uktravel.com/london-tube.html) to help me get around (especially for my personal trips ). Thanks for the replies. I truly appreciate them.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 06:24 AM

princess_leia: You still haven't told us <u>where</u> you are going in London. It does make quite a bit of difference - in time and costs. A cab can cost &pound;60+ and will not save you any time especially if you are arriving on a weekday morning.

Is fast your most important criteria? Then we do need to know where . . . . .
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 06:35 AM

On your tube map, note that the green (Piccadilly) line is the one that comes directly from Heathrow.

The HeathrowExpress.com terminates at Paddington Station, in the upper-left corner of London. It's very fast, but you have to get from there to your destination somehow, which can be very time-consuming, especially if the taxi queue at Paddington is overflowing.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 06:52 AM

&quot; . . . . note that the <font color="green"><b>green</b></font> (Piccadilly) line . . . . &quot; Huh ? The Piccadilly line is the dark blue one.

(If R. comes back to edit his post this won't make any sense - but never mind)