Reload this Page >

London to Gatwick

Search

London to Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 04:49 AM
Cate

London to Gatwick

We will be landing at Heathrow and then taking Ryan Air to Ireland out of Gatwick...what's the easiest way to travel between Heathrow and Gatwick?

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 04:59 AM
Anna

Cate <BR> <BR>There is a coach that runs between the 2 airports - I think that it is called Speedlink, but I'm not sure of the frequency or fare. Try calling +44 870 574 7777.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 04:37 PM
Joyce

the web site for British tourist Authority has transportation help that will give you all the alternatives.www.btausa.com. this site gives a wealth of information. J

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 04:50 PM
Cass

I posted earlier today with questions about this transfer but it disappeared into the "next-50" limbo -- and there is at least one other query about this on the forum tonight. <BR> <BR>My query noted that the Speedlinks website was non-functioning, and now I find that the www.btausa.com offered by Joyce is fine until you click on the links for transportation and airport transfer, and then there's an error message and no-go. <BR> <BR>I don't know if the problem lies in trying to access these sites from the States or in something more basic. But can someone please offer a quick description of what's involved? <BR>Apparently one finds a bus dedicated to this connection and someone said the bus is supposed to run every 15 minutes. What we don't know is how long the trip takes, whether there are long lines for the buses and/or one may not get on the first one that comes by, and whether one's baggage can be checked through or must be claimed, toted, and rechecked. <BR> <BR>For me and Cate and the others... can someone help? <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 08:37 PM
Joyce

Hello again,gatwick express trains run every 15 mins. to London Victoria station, between 5.am and 12.35 am journey time is 30 min cost is 9.50 pounds the schedule goes to 12.50 am then 1.35am and every hour until 4.35 am. I am in Los Angeles, and ordered a kit from BTA which has a lot of info, from which I got the above info from a booklet London in my pocket. Also try a site www.london.com may prove useful to you Joyce

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 03:27 AM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>Typical train times are Gatwick 0953, change at Tonbridge 1029 to 1045, Dover 1116. <BR> <BR>Please write if I can help further. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 04:17 AM
Liz

There is a coach service run by National Express - www.gobycoach.co.uk <BR> <BR>It runs every half hour during the day, and takes about an hour (there is no need to change buses at all). The adult single fare is £12 (more on Friday, or on Saturdays in July/August). <BR> <BR>You can buy your tickets online, and they will be posted to you by airmail, provided you book at least 14 days in advance. Otherwise, you can collect them at Heathrow, providing you're there between 6 in the morning and 9 at night. <BR> <BR>There are 5 bus stops at Heathrow (central, Terminals 1,2,3 & 4) and 2 at Gatwick (North and South).