Reload this Page >

London suburban hotels?

Search

London suburban hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 09:35 AM
gad

London suburban hotels?

We are planning a spring/summer trip to England and are in a quandry. Many, if not most, London hotels don't have rooms large enough for two adults and two kids. Those that do generally are way too expensive. We are considering finding a place in the London suburbs where rates are lower. We could then take the Underground into the city. Suggestions?

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 11:37 AM
Roger

You might want to contact the British tourist board in NY and ask them to send you the Lising of approved apartments. They will send it to you free and you can start contacting the agents. Should prove to be much cheaper with more room. My wife and I have rented a unit in Notting Hill gate area for about $700.00 per week. It was a three floor walk up with a double bed and a double hide-a-bed. I am sure you could find something that meets your needs.

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 01:08 PM
elaine

I've gleaned the following information from recommendations on this forum: <BR> <BR>Central London Apartments Website: <BR>www.cenlonap.co.uk <BR> <BR>http://www.priceapts.co.uk <BR>www.vacationspot.com <BR>or <BR>Parkway London apartments, in the US call 800 398 9677 <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 01:53 PM
susie

Friends of ours stayed at Comfort Inn in Kensington-4 in a room. Very well located. They did a lot of research and even though it was still expensive it was reasonable by comparison.

Old Feb 5th, 2000, 03:45 PM
Jodi

We are spending two weeks in England in mid-Sept and instead of staying in hotels we are renting a cottage for each week. The first one we are staying in is 18 miles outside of London, five minutes from the train station. The catalogue was quite descriptive and the people are very helpful. The prices are very reasonable (much cheaper than staying in hotels). Their e-mail address is [email protected] I would certainly encourage you to check it out. I think having a little home away from home would be very nice with children.