Reload this Page >

London Sightseeing Tours

Search

London Sightseeing Tours

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Kris

London Sightseeing Tours

Hi,<BR><BR>I'm going to London in November and I'm interested in taking an all day sightseeing tour. Does anyone have any suggestions for tour companies? Thanks!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Rachel

It sounds cheesy, but my husband and I (mid 30's) really enjoyed the hop-on hop-off Bus tour (I think it was called the Big Bus Tour). Pick a nice day and climb to the top open air portion of the bus and enjoy! The tour guides we had were very informative and witty. The passes are good for 24 hours and you can get on and off at any of the major landmarks. There are actually 3 different routes (red, blue and green) which really gives you a great overview of the city. It also includes an optional boat ride down the Thames which was terrific and several optional walking tours. We mostly started with this tour and oriented ourselves to the city by taking all 3 routes and the boat ride (didn't hop on and off much), then later went back on our own to the attractions we wanted to see. Have fun!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:03 PM
K

I agree completely with the previous reply...the open-top bus tours are all you need! Other than that, the best way to explore London is on your feet with a good guide book!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 02:16 PM
jack

Big bus is ok but check out the original hop on and hop off bus tour as well. same thing, different routes.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:46 PM
nancy

Another vote for Big Bus - commentary is very good. I even took it the second day, different route. Saw everything of note and able to hop on/off. Great deal. Definitely sit on top as you can't see much sitting inside.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:49 AM
b

If you have/get the Rick Steves London book, I believe you can show them the book or tear off a corner of the page talking about the bus tour and you get a discount. This was in our 2000 book, I think, so not sure if it is in the current edition.