Reload this Page >

London/Scotland train

Search

London/Scotland train

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Brooke

London/Scotland train

Does anyone know how much the train from London to Scotland is? Where do I get tickets?

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 06:15 PM
j

Hi Brooke, we took the train to Edinburgh from London Kings Cross,great trip. We even dined on the train a special treat if you want to splurge. The ticket was a super saver, with open return 67 pounds round trip. The open return was so we could break our Journey, and we did in York and London and even back to Gatwick which is actually where we purchased it.The open return portion is good for 30 days.Joyce

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:00 AM
AnnaC

Prices vary a lot depending on how far in advance you buy your ticket. If you buy on the day it will be much much more expensive than if you book in advance. Check out www.thetrainline.com for details on prices.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 02:15 AM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>As well as the east coast route from Kings Cross there's a west coast route on Virgin Trains. And just now, for a month or two, Virgin are offering some very low fares for people who book well in advance. <BR> <BR>Please write if I can help further <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Ben Haines

The phone numbers to book by credit card are East coast 0044 8457 225 225, and West coast 08457 225 225. The sooner you book the cheaper the fare. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Roger

You might want to do a search on Yahoo or other site for GNER trains. They have a good site and show various specials.