Reload this Page >

London - royalty

Search

London - royalty

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 10:03 AM
Amy

London - royalty

Are there any recommended places for those interested in the royal family?

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 10:32 AM
Notaroyalist

Yes I would recommend the local psychiatric hospital...just a joke. Any particular nations Royal family? Try www.royal.gov.uk - for the British one

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 10:52 AM
Dave

Apparently the Queen spends most of her time at Holyrood House, since every time I've visited Edinburgh, I've been unable to get in!

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 12:51 PM
elaine

Amy <BR>What is it you are looking for? <BR>try these sources <BR>www.hrp.org.uk historic royal palaces like Hampton Court, The Tower of London, etc. In the US, for recorded info call 800 806 7187 <BR>I believe this site also has info on Hampton Court <BR>www.landmarktrust.com <BR> <BR>The royal.gov. website previously mentioned should also have information on Windsor Castle, in addition to Buckingham Palace and other places <BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 04:38 PM
Vanessa

Princess Di and Prince Charles got married at St. Paul's Cathedral, so you might want to check it out. It's beautiful. Elizabeth I and a lot of royals are buried in Westminster Abbey. There are some walking tours through the Original London Walks that focus on the royals.