Search

London Pubs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 03:41 AM
Kim

London Pubs

I'd like to find out where the best pubs, with the best people and the best times are in London? Any suggestions?

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 12:35 PM
Jackie

<BR>look for a copy of London Walks,easily obtainable in London.They have several pub crawls with various themes.

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 05:55 PM
John Stephenson

Try Blackfriars Pub around 5-7pm work days, lots of downtown white collar workers. Very unique and historical Pub. Found this on the Pub tour walk as mentioned in previous response, a very good suggetion.

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 01:57 PM
Robin

Per another posting, am going to UK in Sept/Oct. We are billing it "The 1998 U.K. Pub Tour." If anyone has any special "pubs of the heart" around the island, please share!

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 06:35 AM
Bill Irving

When we are in London, we always try to go to the Sherlock Holmes Pub on <BR>Northumberland, just a short ways from the river. The Pub is always filled <BR>with characters in the evening, usually the crowd spills out into the street <BR>in front. & they have an excellent restaurant upstairs, which is reasonably <BR>priced, with very good food & a Sherlock Holmes atmosphere. Another one <BR>that we like, is up the river abit in Greenwich - the Gypsy Moth Pub, which <BR>is straight up the street from the Cutty Sark. The food is good, & the <BR>servers & clientelle are friendly & talkative. There a many pubs where <BR>all you have to do is walk in & join the crowd, but there may be a few, <BR>such as in the states, where they have a regular crowd & you may be eyed <BR>up or feel out of place, but either then go to the next pub up the street<BR>or join in the fun already taking place.

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 07:01 PM
Teresa

It has been many years since I have hit the pubs in London, but one of my favorites was the Frog & Ferkin. I did my share of pubs, a pub almost every night of the week for 3.5 months. Mind you I was also 21 years old. It was definetly a place for a good time to be had. It wasn't a pub frequented by an American crowd, which I avoided, but on the same token besides your locals there were alot of people from other countries (Ausies and Kiwis) that frequented the pub. <BR> <BR> I don't know if they still have it, but there was something underground called "The Church". The location changed every week and was held on Sunday, but let me warn you..........a wild time.