Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London/Paris in May 10 days..other cities?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be traveling to London and Paris this May for 10 days. We are short on time but would like to see alot. Any suggestions for other cities we should see that would not be too terribly long via rail to get to? Any suggestions are much appreciated! We are pretty 'green' travelers
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM

There's plenty to do in London and Paris to fill up your time. (And I understate.) You may want to leave open the option of day trips. For instance, if you feel like getting out of London, take a train to Cambridge or maybe Brighton. From Paris, you could go to Giverny and Monet's garden.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
10 days is <b>barely</b> enough time for a tiny basic overview of London and Paris. And if your ten days includes travel to/from Europe you really willl have barely 7 days free for sightseeing

10 days
-2 travel days
-1 jet lag recovery day
-1/2 day for travel from London to Paris.
= 6.5 days

Leaves you little enough time for one city let alone three

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 11:05 PM
mjs

I agree with all of above. 10 days is barely enough to get a feel of London and Paris.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 02:11 AM

We did Paris/London for 13 days last September; we had been to both before and I could have stayed in both longer. There was so much to do and see and our time included 2 day trips from London and 1 from Paris. We arrived in the am and didn't miss a beat (we fly out of NYC and I've never had a jet lag issue), spent 1/2 day traveling between cities, and our last day was really barely a half because our flight left London in the afternoon. Split your time just between these 2 and you'll see tons!
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 03:09 AM

Hi

My wife and I went to Paris for a week in April last year and there are lots of stuff to see and do. Here is a trip report with pictures and links http://gardkarlsen.com/Paris_France.htm . You can also check out my interactive Google map on http://gardkarlsen.com/paris_france_map.htm . It shows you where some of the attractions are located. Click on the markers for more information Hope this helps a little.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures