Reload this Page >

London Palace Pass or equivalent?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:12 PM
tania

I realize the museums are usually free but the entrance fees to sights such as Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and the Tower of London are prohibitive, especially for a Canadian.<BR><BR>Does an animal such as the Palace Pass exist?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:39 PM
janis

Buckingham Palace is only open in August and Sept and there is no special pass.<BR><BR>Kensington Palace, the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle are all covered by the Great British Heritage Pass. (at the Tower the GBHP only covers 1/2 the entrance fee but for all the others the entire cost is covered)

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:46 AM
Ellen

The places you named are also covered by the London Pass. But it's pretty expensive itself, so check out their web site and cost everything out. <BR><BR>The LondonPass covers most of the dozens of places in London that require paid admission, and also includes treats like the Catamaran Cruisers on the Thames, and a nice free teddy bera at Hamley's if you spend &pound;5. <BR><BR>But do cost it out, and do NOT buy the travel option, which is more expensive than buying regular tube passes after you get to London.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:17 PM
tania

Thank you for your responses. I'll check out both passes as we will be doing a cruise and visiting several ports after our week in London.<BR><BR>I inquired about Buckingham Palace as we will be there in August.<BR><BR>Tania

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:10 PM
bettyk

I understand that there is a joint ticket that you can buy that covers both the Tower of London and Hampton Court Palace for 19 pounds. Saves a couple of pounds anyway.