Search

LONDON NOW!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 08:51 AM
Dan

LONDON NOW!!!!!

Is anyone familiar with the "Park Hotel" or the area not too far from St. Pancras or Kings Cross train stations? It's not directly accross but looks on a map to be several blocks away. Argyle St. I think. <BR> <BR>Need to know real soon!! Thanks travelers!

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 09:13 AM
Julian

I don't know the hotel, but Argyle St is directly opposite St Pancras station. There have been a number of conversations on this site before about the Kings Cross St Pancras area and many people (like me) seem to find it rather sleazy and not particularly attractive.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 09:28 AM
Dan

Thanks Julian!! <BR> <BR>I guess all the cities get pretty "gritty" around the train stations-Rome, Paris, Florence. It looked far enought away but maps are deceiving!! <BR> <BR>Thanks again.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 12:08 PM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>There's a problem. Neither the printed phone book for London nor the directory enquiries service here knows a Park Hotel near Kings Cross St Pancras. Can you kindly confirm the name ? <BR> <BR>I do indeed know Argyle Street, just opposite St Pancras Station. The area's ok, a bit dull, a bit run down. The good things lie chiefly to the south, especially the Brunswick Centre shopping area, the open spaces of Coram's Fields and Mecklenburg Square Gardens, and the varied and cheap reastaurants of Lsmb's Conduit Street. The bad or poor things lie north. Euston Road is full of traffic and has grubby shops. The space in front of Kings Cross Station is used by prostitutes after dark to find clients. <BR> <BR>Of course, a steet just by a tube station is good for sightseeing trips. <BR> <BR>Please write if I can help further. Welcome to London <BR> <BR>Ben Haines <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 12:15 PM
Dan

Ben: <BR> <BR>Thanks for writing. <BR> <BR>The information I have is: <BR> <BR>Park Hotel <BR>60 Argyle St. <BR>London, WC1H 8ER <BR> <BR>Found it on a web site: www.s-h-systems.co.uk <BR> <BR>No pictures though which usually is a good sign. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>Dan