Search

London Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 12:10 PM
Ted

London Marriott

I was wondering if anyone could give me some direction as to which Marriott to stay at in London. I am thinking about either the County Hall location which seems kinda new or the Grosvenor Square property. What do you guys think??? Thanks in advance. PS: I am taking my wife, kids are staying home, we like the theatre, dining, museums and the like. <BR>

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 02:18 PM
A

I posted another message about County Hall recently to someone inquiring. We were there in October and loved it. Great location...just across the Westminster Bridge from Big Ben! Tea overlooking the Thames in the Marriott library was so refreshing. The County Hall building itself isn't new, it was an old government center which closed under Thatcher. It is also very close to the train station (Waterloo), the tube (Westminster) and one theater...I'm drawing a blank...perhaps the Royal National. Highly recommend it.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 03:52 PM
herb

We stayed at Grosvenor Square in summer of '98. It was great for us because of the proximity of Oxford Street and the many stores and pubs. It was about a 5 minute walk from the Bond Street Tube. This trip we are standing at County Hall so we can compare. I think I like the location of Grosvenor Square better, but I may change my mind.

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 04:49 AM
Robbyn

We've stated at the Grosvenor's Square London Marriott twice. We loved everything about it!! The employees were so nice and helpful. Food and drinks were a bit expensive, though. A couple of blocks from the hotel is a wonderful little restaurant called The Spaghetti House. <BR>Have a great time! <BR>Robbyn

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 12:44 PM
Murray

I have stayed at the Grosvesnor Square Marriott on several occasions. The location is ideal. Close to all the action but the immediate area is quiet. Surrounded by restaurants and pubs in numerous price ranges. Oxford Street and the tube are very close by. The hotel itself is very nice. Large rooms, very well maintained, very friendly and capable staff. If there is an area of complaint, I do not know what it would be. I have been there four times and hope to stay in the future. Murray Brown.