London in May

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:25 PM
steve

London in May

Can anyone provide some details on what general weather we will experience late may in London. Also, any hotels you are fond of in a central location would also be appreciated. <BR><BR>Thanks in advance....<BR><BR>Steve

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:16 AM

to the top for help

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:26 AM
andrew

Steve - The weather in London as you may know is pretty unpredictable. However as a rule the temperature in late May will be in the 60F-70F range. Over hotels most visitors on this board recommend Kensington or Bloomsbury as areas to look at for hotels. The website londontown.com is often recommended for special deals. Can't help with specific hotels as I am a Londoner although many visitors like the Thistle or Copthorne chains for a 3-4 star hotel<BR><BR>Hope this helps<BR>Andrew

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:48 AM
nat

I went in mid to late May of '99 and the temps were in the high 60's to even low 70's. However when I returned last year it was much cooler with weather in the high 50's. So like Steve said it can be unpredictable!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:59 AM
elaine

stevewww.wunderground.com <BR> When you access a forecast for a city, at the bottom of the "current conditions" table, you'll see a box for<BR> "Historical Conditions". <BR>www.washingtonpost.com weather section also has historical data<BR><BR>If you do a search on this message board for London hotel, you will find many suggestions. Also check the Rants and Raves section of this Fodor's website.<BR>I also have a file on London; if you'd like to see it, email me.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 08:13 AM
Lindsey

My birthday is in late May, and I've lived in London for the past 15 years. In that time I have experienced everything from snow to 32-degree heatwaves, so I'm afraid the word is 'unpredictible!