Reload this Page >

London in February?

Search

London in February?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 07:40 AM
yates

London in February?

My daughter is taking me to London for five days at the end of February. My gift is the trip - but my responsibilitiy is to plan it. We like antiques, flea markets, art, and theater. I'm afraid the weather might prohibit the first two activities. I'm hoping some of you wonderful Fodorites have suggestions. Thanks.

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 08:29 AM
Judy

Yates: We are going to London in Feb. too! I will have my fingers crossed and will be visiting the weather.com site. Went to London in March, the last time we went, and weather was not bad at all. I guess it depends on your interests. We are doing the theater twice and day trips to Hampton Court and other indoor activities....Do a search on this site, lots of London tips available....Have fun and to me half the fun is in the planning! Judy

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 01:34 PM
april

I've done some research regarding London weather in mid-March and it seems that the highs are typically in the upper40's, lower50's. So it will probably be slightly cooler in February February and March look like they are the driest months in London, so outdoor activites should be no problem.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 05:53 AM
laura

Hello. My husband and I just returned from a trip to London over New Year's. February will be fine! There is so much to see and do. Suggest you book theater tickets in advance to get good seats. We saw "Phantom of the Opera" which was wonderful...but do NOT get tix in the "balcony" which is really the THIRD balcony (too high up). Agatha Christie's "Mousetrap" is London's oldest running show and great. "Fallen Angels" is a comedy by Noel Coward, currently playing. The antiques market at Portobello Road is a lot of fun, and will be fine to visit in February...it is not all outdoors. Of course, the museums are wonderful in London; don't miss the National Gallery (fyi, the Tate is strictly modern art.) I highly recommend the pubs for lunch and Soho restaurants for dinner. Harrod's Dept store is fun, especially their food mall for gourmet goodies. Another fun thing to do on a cold day is visit the tropical gardens at the Conservatory.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 07:07 AM
elaine

<BR>Hi <BR>I have a file on London; if you'd like to see it, email me. <BR>In '98 I was in London end of Feb-first of March. We brought lined raincoats and layered with sweaters, and in terms of warmth we were fine because daytime temps were in the mid-50sF and daffodils were blooming. We had some drizzle and needed umbrellas, but there were no downpours and it didn't rain all the time. <BR>enjoy your trip

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 07:02 AM
Bhavna

London is a wonderful place, I have lived here all my life. Very multicultural and friendly. <BR> <BR>For Theatre it is worth going to the booths at Leicester Square for cheap tickets. "An inspector calls" is very entertaining. <BR> <BR>Do Visit Soho for the Pubs and Visit Greenwhich on a Sunday morning for the flea market. A Pub lunch is a must. <BR> <BR>It is wet here (whats new!) at the moment so have a brolly ready. <BR> <BR>B <BR>x <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 02:30 AM
margaret

The Queen's Walk in Green Park. It's the least fancy of all London's Royal Parks, apart from in February, when it goes to the ball. 100,000 daffodils are in full bloom. Spring comes early to London, thanks be.