Reload this Page >

London hotels with A/C

Search

London hotels with A/C

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Wendy Z

London hotels with A/C

We're looking for a good hotel in London for a July stay. Has anyone stayed at any of the following: Thistle Westminster, Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth, or the Rembandt. We would like a good location (walking distance to some sights and close to a tube) but not too noisy. Also since it will be in July- must have A/C. Any thoughts?

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Susan

why do you think you must have A/C? You will be in London, not Italy.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Keith Legg

I can't recommend any in particular, but I would think that most of those listed will have A/C. As someone who lives in London it can become quite humid in July so it is a relief to be in an air conditioned space.<BR><BR>Note, though, that a lot of the older buildings in London - especially theatres - aren't air conditioned, and can become quite hot in the summer.<BR><BR>This is all relative, of course - if you're from the US's southern states, for example, you're likely to find it perfectly comfortable, whereas someone like me from Scotland can't walk out the door without breaking sweat!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 11:54 AM
bettyk

Re. the Thistle Westminster:<BR><BR>Its relaxed atmosphere is complemented by a high standard of service. All 134 bedrooms are fully airconditioned with en suite bathrooms, well-stocked mini bars, tea and coffee making facilities, mini safe, hairdryer and trouser press.<BR><BR>The Rembrandt:<BR><BR>The Rembrandt bedrooms are beautifully appointed and all feature ensuite bathroom, remote controlled television with satellite channels and in-house movies, radio, direct dial telephone, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryer and trouser press, double glazed windows and central heating. The bathrooms feature both an overhead power shower and bath complete with a range of personal toiletries. (Says nothing about A/C.)

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Frank

Check out the Churchill Intercontinential. Good central location, a couple of blocks off Oxford Street. Wonderful hotel, plenty of A/C and excellant breakfast which was included in the rate. I agree that A/C is a must. We spent an August week in London several years ago and it was sunny and 80 the entire week.