London Hotels

Mar 4th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

London Hotels

I am looking for advice on hotels in London. Would like something higher end and conveniently located in early April. Any suggestions encouraged! Thank you.
Mar 4th, 2017, 10:20 AM

We have reservations here for a trip in October:

http://www.stjamescourthotel.co.uk/
Mar 4th, 2017, 10:28 AM

Price? Anywhere inside the Circle Line is convenient, unless you mean convenient to somewhere specific, in which case you need to be specific.
Mar 4th, 2017, 10:52 AM

What do you mean by 'higher end'? Your actual budget -- because many higher end London hotels are EXTREMELY expensive.
Mar 4th, 2017, 11:44 AM

Check out St. Ermins. It's my go to place for weekends in London. It's part of the Marriott signature collection and has an interesting history. The rooms are super comfortable.

Alternatively, the Marriott County Hall has rooms with views to die for.
Mar 4th, 2017, 01:00 PM

Love St. Ermins... have stayed there a few times but for location, I like the Park Lane Hilton -- not so much charm but I like Mayfair. If I wanted to go "higher end" I'd go for:

http://www.thegoring.com/

https://www.grandluxuryhotels.com/ho...FQsLaQodTVgA1g

https://www.rubenshotel.com/?_ga=1.1...878.1488660757

Wherever you choose, have a great stay!
Mar 4th, 2017, 01:27 PM

The Savoy. Convenience? No problem as they'll gladly have a taxi waiting.
Mar 4th, 2017, 03:45 PM

We loved the Marylebone.
Mar 4th, 2017, 04:31 PM

Higher End Hotels = Dorchester, Claridge's, Connaught & Mayfair are a few of our favorites.
Mar 4th, 2017, 05:29 PM

I would try Red Carnation which has a few hotels in London. We stayed at the Montague on the Garden which was the "bargain" of the chain. I'd like to try the Chesterfield and two of theirs are ranked #1 & 2 in London on Trip Advisor.
Mar 5th, 2017, 03:33 AM

There are hundreds of high end hotels in convenient places. Traditional or modern? Large grand hotel or small boutique? Do you want a spa/fitness/pool? And what do you consider high end? 500 pounds/night? Do you want to be walking distance to theatres, or rather in leafy South Kensington?

I'd go for classical British; Claridges, the Connaught.
Or new and swanky, such as the Corinthia.
Mar 5th, 2017, 04:18 PM

The Sofitel London St James has a wonderful location.
Mar 5th, 2017, 04:42 PM

We still don't know how 'high end' the OP means.

Several mentioned above ar not what I would call high end (and some are VERY high end)
Mar 5th, 2017, 04:53 PM

I agree. Without more clarification in regard to budget, we're all just guessing and offering up personal favorites. It's often the case that someone wants high end thinking three/four hundred £'s will get them the best London has to offer. It won't. The term is relative.
Mar 6th, 2017, 09:32 AM

Yes, we do need your budget. High end means different things to different people.

With that being said, we always stay at & enjoy The Chesterfield Mayfair.

https://www.chesterfieldmayfair.com/
Mar 6th, 2017, 09:53 AM

We were there two years ago and stayed at the St. James Conrad Hilton. It was across the street from the St. James station, you can walk to Westminster Abby, the Churchill Museum, Buckingham Palace - it was very nice and they were very accommodating. Our reservation included breakfast which was always great and filled us up until dinner.
Mar 6th, 2017, 10:59 AM

The OP seems to have been and gone.
Mar 7th, 2017, 09:31 AM

Probably has sticker shock at some of the hotels which have been recommended as higher end
Mar 7th, 2017, 01:35 PM

Lol, London is, by my definition, higher end.
Mar 7th, 2017, 03:10 PM

We liked St Ermins, but we did encounter a problem with our room reservation.

I'd reserved on-line, directly with the hotel, for five nights. I'd paid attention to the exact layout and square footage of the room I selected.

(Note to self: next time, print out the website page that promises the size of the room.)

We were shown to a room that was so tiny, you couldn't even walk around the bed to the bathroom. No closet, the floor lamp was broken, literally no place to put luggage or to unpack.

We went back down to the front desk, and explained that this room bore no resemblance to the room type we'd reserved. The reservationist kept insisting it was the correct room. I unfortunately did not have the hotel's web page printed out, to show her. She insisted it was the right room.

We couldn't possibly be in that teensy room for 5 nights. We asked for the next larger room, and all that was available was a one-bdrm suite that was really expensive. We took it, on the receptionists promise that we could work it all out the next day with the hotel manager.

The large two-room suite was very nice. Much nicer than we wanted to pay for, but we felt stuck. After a couple of days, I finally got a message back from the manager who apologized, said we would only have to pay 50 pounds per night extra for the large suite. So we kept it. The manager also sent a bottle of wine and chocolates to our room, as an apology.

So, it all worked out fine. But hassles like that eat up precious relaxation time on vacation.

Search this Thread