London Hotel

I am trying to find out anything I can about the
Forum Inter-Continental Hotel.
Is it a nice one?
What is it near?
Has anyone stayed there?

Old Jan 23rd, 1998, 06:38 PM
Kathy

We stayed at that hotel in Oct 97 and I DON'T recomend it we paid abt 200.00 Usd and got a small room w twin beds and stinky of smoke, better choice in same area is the Holiday Inn around the corner nice big rooms w 2 double beds and they dont chg for a 3 rd person.
Now the Forum did have a nice restaurant for brkfast but when we stayed at the Holiday we went to a nice bakery across the street there are 2 stores also where you can pickup snacks drinks beer etc.
Now if you are the Rick Steves type ( the guy who does Europe thru the back door) and always advises places that the shower and toilet are down the hall. I can adv the Stuart next to holiday inn is OK (they have the bathrooms in the room) but the place is well worn and they inc brkfast which was dry toast, bad coffee and orange tang so I guess it depends on how much you would like to spend on room.
My dad swears by Rick Steves and he tells of a lot of places near Victoria Stat but I think some of these places are kind of seedy. But my Dad is 65 and he really doesnt mind??? but I prefer a Marriot or Hilton.

Old Jan 23rd, 1998, 07:33 PM
J.Phillips

We are looking for reasonably priced ($150-170) hotels or B & B's in London & Paris.We want something that is not too commericalized and clean. Any ideas???

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 10:35 PM
Mary

I have stayed at the Forum Hotel three times and like it very much. It is convenient to the tube stop and has a nice breakfact buffet. There is also a deli-type restaurant on the ground floor. The rooms are average--nothing plush but very adequate. I take students to London on spring break and always request the Forum. I have seen many airline personnel coming and going from the hotel so at least one airline uses this hotel regularly. There is a little grocery store at the end of the street in front of the exit to the Gloucester Rd. tube station. Stop in a get some fresh baked bread on your way back to the hotel. Enjoy!

Old Jan 25th, 1998, 05:20 AM
Mike Miller

This is the best hotel in London for the money, 60 pounds per nite:http://www.deadlock.com/hotels/vicarage/
Recommended by Rick Steves and because it is right around the corner from Kensington Palace, in a very, very nice part of town. Reserve far in advance (3 months) which you can do via the internet.