Reload this Page >

London/Heathrow to Oxford transport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 06:54 PM
Peggy

Arriving at Heathrow about noon on a Fri. and need to get to B&B in Oxford that day. What's the easiest and most direct way to get to Oxford -- train or bus? Where can we catch? How often to they run? Appreciate any ideas. Thx, Peggy

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 07:29 PM
Diane

Trains run every 15 minutes from Heathrow to Paddington Station, which happens to be the station that runs trains to Oxford. This Heathrow Express costs 12BP <BR>(about $20). You can get buses cheaper, <BR>but they take an hour or more, according to the traffic. <BR> <BR>I'm sorry I don't know the cost or the schedule to Oxford, but I think they run every hour or so. The train system is <BR>very easy to use. Good luck!

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 09:14 PM
Tony

From London Paddington station there are direct trains to Oxford every half hour at 18 minutes and 48 minutes past the hour, journey time 1 hour. By this route you should reach Oxford comfortably within 2 hours of exiting Customs and Immigration. <BR> <BR>However there is a another, possibly quicker way,depending on the traffic conditions, which can be pretty horrendous at times There are frequent shuttle type busses from Heathrow to Reading station, from where you can pick up direct trains to Oxford, about 5 trains per hour, journey time 30 minutes. <BR> <BR>For comfort these days I would probably use the Heathrow Express train, although it would be slightly dearer; albeit no more than $30 all up.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 12:44 AM
pete

Peg, <BR>For the whole 2 years i spent in Oxon, i never caught train service between oxon and london, bus is much cheaper and the time consumed is comparable. <BR>Check your arrival terminal, if it is 1-3, go straight to central bus station via underground walkway, if it is T4, the bus stop is just in front of the terminal. You have to pay the ticket for "period return" which valids for 3 month, if it is return, it is 24 hr return. The service is X70 you are looking for, the blue one, at Bay 10 from central station, every half an hour on the hour and the half hour, it approximately take you 1hr and ten minutes to arrive oxford city centre (Gloscester Green). <BR> <BR>Have a good time in the city of Spires.

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 03:36 AM
kevin

There is a half hourly bus service from all Heathrow terminals to Gloucester Green in central Oxford. Cost is about UKL9 one way. It's fast and efficient. I use it all the time