Reload this Page >

London for 4 days........

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:22 AM
frogger

I will be in London for 4 days. What sites would you put on your must-see list?? Alo any good restaraunt recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:31 AM
kate

can you be more specific? there are thouands depending on your taste and budget

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:32 AM
elvira

Historical sites: Westminster Abbey, St Paul's Cathedral, Parliament, Tower of London<BR><BR>Museums: Victoria & Albert Museum, British Museum, Tate Museum<BR><BR>Shopping: Harrod's, Harvey Nich's, Covent Garden, any street market <BR><BR>Outdoor spaces: Hyde Park (PEDAL BOATS), St James Park (interesting water fowl), Richmond Park (wild deer!)<BR><BR>Category of its own: London Eye<BR><BR>You probably can't do ALL of the above, but if you only do one out of each category, you can't go wrong.<BR><BR>I'll let others give restaurant recos, 'cause I never remember where I ate (except Ye Olde Cheshire, which I like)

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:33 AM
xxx3

frogger, it would be best if you did some preliminary research, including going to the UK in Fodors "subject search" and read the back posts for ideas, then come back and ask us specific questions.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 10:07 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>I was in London for 4 1/2 days last month, but I'd been there before .<BR>These are some of the things I did, some for the first time, most for the nth time<BR>Victoria and Albert Museum<BR>Theatre 3 nights<BR>Spencer House<BR>A self-guided tour of some of Christopher Wren's churches and the East End<BR>National Gallery (open late Wed night)<BR>British Library<BR>Royal Academy<BR>Sutton House<BR>Imperial War Museum<BR>London Theatre Museum<BR>Afternoon tea<BR>shopping<BR><BR>Will this be your first trip?<BR>Any good guidebook (Fodor's guide to London is excellent) will discuss all of the above things I did, with the possible exception of Sutton House which is more obscure.<BR>You'd want to see the Tower I imagine, perhaps Churchill's Cabinet War Rooms,<BR>Westminster Abbey, and there's so much more.<BR>For restaurant suggestions, how much do you like to spend, and what kind of food do you like?<BR>London has choices in all categories.<BR><BR>Check out elsewhere on this Fodor's website for London listings under "destinations"--you can also design and print out your own<BR>miniguide. There are also "rants and raves" comments on restaurants and hotels. Timeout.com also has many good suggestions for restaurants and things to do.<BR><BR>I have a long file on London; if you'd like to see it, email me.<BR>