Reload this Page >

London/Edinburgh in Sept.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:01 PM
iowan

Me and the missus are thinking about a trip to London and Edinburgh in September for a 10-day vacation. Is this a good time to visit those spots? How about the weather? Still decent?<BR><BR>We are thinking of staying in London for a few days, Edinburgh for a few days, and then back to London for the flight home. Has anyone flown on Go-Fly from London to Edinburgh? Flights are really cheap! Looks like the way to go, but maybe you are of a different opinion. <BR><BR>Any help you might be able to offer would help immensely with our planning! Thanks in advance!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:05 PM
Danna

iowan... I don't know about London, but we visited Edinburgh in October and have a picture of tuber begonias on Princess street that take your breath away... just wear layers... it's lovely. Have a grand time!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 09:51 PM
janis

Except for June and Xmas, September is my favorite time for both cities. The crowds are smaller than in August and the weather is still good. In fact there is less rain in Sept than there is in July.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:31 AM
sylvia

Go is one of the cheap no-frills airlines, no food served unless you pay for it etc. My son and daughter-in-law regularly use them to go from London to Belfast. With most of the budget companies the earlier you book the cheaper the fare.<BR>I prefer London in October but by September many of the tourists will have departed.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:41 AM
Jenny

I use Go to fly up and down to London from Edinburgh regularly. Just be aware that it's London Stansted they use, which is to the North-East of the city ... still I find it worth having to get the train in and out of London for the good prices you get.<BR><BR>Jenny

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:54 AM
Pam

I made the same trip last September (was in Edinburgh on 9/11) and the weather was wonderful. We flew into Londwon/Gatwick and spent 4 days in London - took the train to Edinburgh where we spent 3 days, then rented a vehicle and toured the Higlands for 6 days. We elected to fly home out of Glasgow, instead of wasting a day going back to London and it worked out very nicely.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:56 AM
Pam

Oops - sorry that should be "highlands" not "higlands"!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:55 PM
iowan

Many thanks to all for sharing your advice and experiences. We travelled to London/Oxford a couple of years ago (with our two sons, one of their freinds, and the mother-in-law) in August and had a great time. This time it will just be the two of us so we will be a lot freer in terms of our planning. Again thanks.