Reload this Page >

London-Dublin-Edinburgh... how?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2001, 01:24 PM
florencia

I would like to know which is the cheapest way to travel from London to Dublin and Edinburgh, and between these two cities.

Old May 28th, 2001, 01:36 PM
Taragh

Depending on how much time you have ... trains and ferry are great money savers and you get to meet loads of people. Services are very regular - plus even cheaper is a bus from London to Dublin (you still have to take the ferry but its just one price to pay) but can take a long time ... one of the cheapest airlines - no frills is Ryanair and I believe they fly between all of those cities ... good luck ..

Old May 28th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Judy

Hi Florencia, we are flying on Aer Lingus from Edinburgh to Dublin. We will get miles on BA's(they are air partners) f=flyer program., Try their web site for summer fares. FYI, Judy

Old May 28th, 2001, 03:18 PM
Cathy

Florencia, <BR> <BR>Ryanair fly from Dublin to bopth London and Glasgow but not to Edinburg but their flights are really cheap see www.ryanair.ie. <BR> <BR>Aer Lingus flies to all three cities - www.aerlingus. <BR> <BR>If time is not plentiful then fly - the ferries etc are too long, <BR> <BR>Hope this helps, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old May 28th, 2001, 07:57 PM
elvira

www.easyjet.com flies Edinburgh&lt;&gt;London. Cheap, and as Stellarossa put it "did you have to bring your own seat?". Definitely no frills, but it's a short flight. There's a bus from Victoria that goes to Luton, and if you have an easyjet ticket, there's a discount for the bus.

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Ann

I usually use my United miles if I can't find a cheap flight. It's only 10,000 for a roundtrip flight from London to Dublin. <BR> <BR>I've flown easyjet.com a few times, and you don't even notice that it's a budget airline. Actually, I found it better than Jersey European (don't they have a new name now?) and just as good as British Midland or BA.

Old May 29th, 2001, 10:42 AM
florencia

Thanks for all your help! This is my favourite site!