London: Double Decker Bus

Mar 4th, 1999, 08:20 AM
RBP

London: Double Decker Bus

I've read that there is a double-decker bus with "guided narration" that stops at various locations in London and allows one to get on and off at will. Do you recommend this as the way to go for an overview of London? Thank you.

Mar 4th, 1999, 02:16 PM
leechase

Yes, I do recommend the double decker bus tour. It does give you a good overview and from there you can decide where you want to return to. I believe it's run by London Tranport and leaves from Victoria Station. It's also not too expensive.
Some of the walking tours are also very good. One of the companies is called Historical Walking tours and I especially like his tours.
Good luck.

Mar 4th, 1999, 02:44 PM
Marty

I always tell everyone to start with a "hop-on hop-off" bus. They are very informative and entertaining. You get the bus at the Marble Arch, also. The great thing is that the ticket is good for 24 hours, so you don't feel like you have to stay on the bus if you see something you want to get off and enjoy.

Mar 4th, 1999, 03:34 PM
bo_jack

There are at least a couple of companies that do this. If you haven't done this sort of thing before -- a couple of suggestions: Find out where the route starts and try to go there to get on the bus -- you chances of getting a good seat (on top) are best. Then, if you have a good seat, stay in it for the whole loop, and THEN ride back to where ever you want to get off. If you hop off in the middle, your changes of getting a good seat on the next bus are close to nil.

Mar 4th, 1999, 03:44 PM
Stephen

Hello-We did not have a good experience on the double decker. The traffic was terrible and we ended up getting off and walking. The underground is so good that it makes everything very accessable.