London -Bayswater

Search

London -Bayswater

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London -Bayswater

Staying in London , Bayswater next week what are some cheap eats in that area? I like all types of cuisine
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 04:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
There are lots of choices on the Queensway in Bayswater. We ate in a very good Chinese place. I don't recall the name, but there were several that looked good.
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM

http://www.pretamanger.com/find_a_pret
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 10:36 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
To be honest - you will likely spend VERY little time in Bayswater except for when you are in your hotel room. What you'll need more are places to eat in the areas you will be sightseeing.

You certainly won't be traveling back to Bayswater to eat lunch, or even dinners, if you are on the other side of town at the British Museum, Tower of London, on the South Bank, at the theatre in the West End, or most other sites.
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 10:43 PM

Do try the dim sum at Kamtong chinese restaurant. To die for....and it,s quite reasonable
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 11:58 PM

Queensway is one of the best locations for eating in London in the evening in my opinion - especially in the evening.
I'd just amble along Queensway and go where your nose fancies, there is just about every cuisine available and like the world over the best places are always the places where there is a crowd.

If you've got more money than sense, by allmeans go up to Covent Garden and leicester Square area.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 02:09 AM

I'd echo what others have said - Queensway is a great place for eating - especially chinese food. It gets VERY busy on sunay afternoons, other than that you should be able to pick and choose.

There's not much else there though.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 04:35 AM

I've stayed in Bayswater three times in the last few years and one of the reasons is that you can get cheap eats on Queensway. In addition to the chinese places already mentioned there are several Greek places - not great but OK. There are also numerous little supermarkets and there's the food section of Marks and Spencer (in the Whitby's building/mall). You can get some great take out food and bring it back to your hotel room. Marks and Spencer has far more than just sandwiches (which are good too) so you can really get some pretty good meals. If you have access to a microwave (my hotel had one we could use) then you really have a huge selection. Enjoy London!

And although there isn't one in Bayswater, the Wagamama restaurants are good an cheap and there are several in London. They have a website so you could check out locations. The closest one to Bayswater is on Kensington High Street (just about opposite that Marks and Spencer).

Also, if you go down Bayswater Road heading west a few blocks from Queenswater, there is another shopping area with a number of reasonable (for London) priced restaruants.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 04:46 AM
tod

Haven't been back for two years but we always make a stop at least once at The Magic Wok down the bottom end of Queensway near Whitely's. Great eating - great value!
I tried the Lebanese places as well but it's not my taste.