London & Paris- Spring or Fall?

Old May 11th, 2000, 03:14 PM
Sandy Eibeck

London & Paris- Spring or Fall?

We are planning a 3-4 wk trip focusing mainly on London & Paris. We usually travel in mid Sept-mid Oct. Would this be a good time or would the late spring be better. Really appreciate your help!

Old May 11th, 2000, 04:19 PM
elvira

Both times are good - weather is reasonable, and so's the number of tourists. <BR> <BR>Airfares can be very cheap in the spring (they are right now) and also in the fall. <BR> <BR>It's a toss-up; I've done both, and my only preference is you have to take me with you when you go.

Old May 11th, 2000, 06:46 PM
Michael

Like Elvira I have been to paris in both March and at the tailend of October. If you want to see Paris with leaves on the trees, opt for April or mid october. I think the airfares break lower at the end of September. <BR> <BR>Bonsoir <BR>Michael

Old May 12th, 2000, 12:11 AM
Donna

For flowers in the gardens and nice weather, not too many tourists, go in May or early June.

Old May 12th, 2000, 04:34 AM
elaine

I agree that it's a toss-up. For flowers etc (for example, if you plan to visit Giverny) then spring would be better. Either way you'll need to bring along at least one sweater, and an umbrella as well. I've run into heat waves as well as cold spells at both times of years.