London-Amsterdam-Paris

Search

London-Amsterdam-Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London-Amsterdam-Paris

Hi all, everyone here helped me sooo much with my recent BKK trip, and it was such good information. Anyway, this is way early, and I still do need to search the forum, because I am sure tons has already been written about it, but I just want to go ahead and put my plans out there.

My brother is a college professor, and he is going to be on sabatical in Amsterdam this coming fall semester, so he and his wife are going to move there from Septemebr - January. In October I was planning a trip to London to visit a friend, so now that my brother is doing the Amsterdam thing I was thinking of jumping over there as well. Then a freind of mine here in the states is intrested in going to Paris in the fall. So my question is would a London - Amsterdam - Paris excrusion be a feasble thing with only about 2 weeks from about mid October, to around early November?

thanks for the info,

rachael
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 08:08 AM

It's possible - fly to Amsterdam either by low costs airline / full service airline and then get the Thalys service from Amsterdam to Paris. Then you get the Eurostar back to London or better still change your flights to arrive in London, leave from Paris.

Allow half a day for each transfer
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
totally feasible. I'd look into open jaw between any 2 of the 3 cities. You can make out a reasonable itinerary w/ any of them for arrival/departure.

5 days in London, 5 days in Paris, and 3-4 days in Amsterdam gives a nice taste of each city.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 03:54 PM
MaureenB

We did London-Paris-Amsterdam in two weeks during June 2005. It was a great trip and easy to get around. We flew to London, took EuroStar to Paris, then Thalys to Amsterdam, and flew home from there. It's a good mix of cities. And we got our best airfare that way. If you're interested, my trip report is posted here, or I can top it for you if you want.
>-

Old Jan 17th, 2007, 01:25 AM

My understanding is that AF-KLM runs a twin hub of Paris/Ams, so you should be able to book an open-jaw without penalty. London from Paris on Eurostar.
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 06:15 AM
ira

Hi R,

>would a London - Amsterdam - Paris excrusion be a feasble thing with only about 2 weeks ...

Absolutely.

You might want to fly into London or AMS and out the other. Take the Eurostar between Paris and London.

Enjoy your visit.

Old Jan 18th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm glad to hear that it sounds like I will be able to do this.

I have a free ticket from the US to London and back so I will fly from the states to there, but I will have to fly back out of London to the states. So I guess my best option would be to spend the first 5 days in London, then take the eurostar to Paris and do the 3-4 days there, then the Thalys to Amsterdam to spend 4 -5 days with my brother there.

My ticket from the states is round trip out of LGW so I have to return to the staes from there. I checked British Airways which has a flight from AMS to LGW for 78 USD, which sounds pretty good.

MaureenB I will defential look up your trip report, thanks for the info.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

As I;m in the early stages of planning this European trip this coming fall, it just donned ome that I have never been there in the fall or early winter before. And it will be my first time ever to Paris. What is the weather going to be like? Is is going to be prohibitly cold to enjoy anything? I don't really mind the cold, I will just wear warm coats, scarfs and hats if I have to, but I'm just wondering how cold it will be and wheter there is a possibilty that the weather that time of year could cause any disruptions in my travel or sightseeing activities?
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM

It doesn't get THAT cold in Paris in Autumn
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
nbujic

Don't forget to take an umbrella!