London accomodations

Jun 17th, 1998, 12:50 PM
Marcia

London accomodations

My sister and I will be spending two nights in London in August. Could anyone recommend a charming, reasonably priced ($175 is our top end price, prefer something cheaper)and safe hotel or B & B? I would like a convenient location rather than taking a train from the outskirts of town. Has anyone stayed at the Gallery Hotel, Gainsborough Hotel, or Willett Hotel? Thanks in advance for responding.

Jun 17th, 1998, 01:10 PM
Mike

Hi, I've liked the Harlingford Hotel (B&B) in BLoomsbury. Walking distance to Euston and Russell Square tube stations.

I've recently found a neat site for researching accomodations:hotels/B&Bs in the area / London

http://uk.multimap.com/all-hotels/places.cgi?db=london

Select "London Streets", enter "Southampton Row" for example, and it pops up with a map of Bloomsbury. Select the area near the Russell Square tube, top right (~Guildford). You will then get info on hotels at/near that intersection...(like the Russell Hotel if you want to splurge!) and web sites for info: prices, booking/fax numbers...etc...

Enter Russell Square (WC1) and click on Cartwright Gardens, and you will get a list of B&Bs, hotels... including Harlingford..

Hope this helps....

Jun 17th, 1998, 01:27 PM
andrew

MY WIFE AND I STAYED AT A B&B IN LONDON CALLED THE GEOGIAN HOTEL , ABOUT 10MINS FROM VICTORIA STATION AND 3MINS FROM VICTORIA COUCH STATION.THERE ARE A FEW DIFFERENT RATES , WE PAID ONLY 50POUNDS, AND THAT IS QUITE CHEAP .

Jun 17th, 1998, 01:31 PM
andrew

MY WIFE AND I STAYED AT A B&B IN LONDON CALLED THE GEOGIAN HOTEL , ABOUT 10MINS FROM VICTORIA STATION AND 3MINS FROM VICTORIA COUCH STATION.THERE ARE A FEW DIFFERENT RATES , WE PAID ONLY 50POUNDS, AND THAT IS QUITE CHEAP

Jun 17th, 1998, 08:06 PM
barbara

Try a hotel called Manzies in Leicester Square. My friend stays there when in London, plus I also got the same recommendation from another source who stays there regularly. Bonuses are - very central, can walk anywhere. Security conscious, locks the front doors at night and you get a key. Reasonable rate for central location. 53 pounds for a single, so probably 65 to 70 for a double. All ensuite, clean, and quite nice. Books up very early though, and they don't advertise, so you only hear of it through people who have stayed there. Manzies, 1&2 Leicester Rd, Leicester Square, London, Have a good trip!