Search

London

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 07:34 AM
Carla

London

I'm going to London in early Nov. and am looking for an inexpensive place to stay that's in the city and near the sights. Any suggestion? I'll be traveling with my husband and we're on a budget.

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 09:14 AM
kris

Hi Carla! Are you in living here in Chicago like me? We stayed at the Royal National hotel in London. No frills but it was clean, a couple of blocks from the Russell Square tube stop, and close enough to the British Museum to walk to it. If you need any helpful hints on London, please feel free to email me. <BR>

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 11:41 AM
Kim

Here's a website to check out for London hotels and B & B's. I've been researching myself and this site gives alot of info. I think it is: <BR>www.Smooth-Hound-co.-uk/hotels/charlott.html. Also make sure you have a currency converter website since all the tariff's are in sterling pounds, not US dollars. If you need a website for that, feel free to email me.

Old Aug 8th, 1998, 07:28 AM
David

Kim, I tried to reach the website for smooth hound <BR>but no luck. Would you mind checking that address <BR>again, and if different, email me? Thanks.

Old Aug 8th, 1998, 07:51 AM
wes fowler

Carla and David, <BR>Check out the following website: <BR> <BR>city.net/countries/united_kingdom/england/london

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 07:47 AM
Gabi

I'd like to suggest the George Hotel in Bloomsbury. My husband and I stayed there last year and while it's certainly not luxury, we had a good experience there. Rooms are very reasonably priced (about $70) and the people were really nice. It's also very conveniently located - 15 mins walk from Covent Garden and just a block away from the tube station.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 08:10 AM
Kim

Oops! Wrong address for London hotels. Try this one: www.s-h-systems.co.us/london.html#01717237888. <BR>If you need other info, please feel free to email me. I'm getting lots of info on London hotels.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 11:56 AM
D. Arnsdorf

I am driving to London from northern England and will be spending 3 days there. I don't want to try to drive in London, and parking seems to be horribly expensive in the city. Is there reasonably priced parking at Heathrow Airport that I could leave my rental car at for the three days?