Reload this Page >

loggia dei serveiti hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1969, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walking down a street and not understanding what anyone else is saying...but not caring.
Watching the people go about their days, just like we do, but so different.
Always wanting to taste something different ( that they don't have "back home&quot
Add to that, see something different and DO something different.
Soaking up as much as I can from my time spent in another place and trying to bring it all back with me.

Gelato does nothing for me but I will be happy to talk about the cheese courses, the pastries and the wine ~

Great list degas and I second them all, but I think you forgot to mention eating gelato and sweets

Great list degas. I would add the following:
Meeting people and getting a different view of myself and my country;
Eating great food and drinking great wine;
Walking where others that I have read and heard about all of my life have walked;
Eating great food and drinking great wines;
Being so far from home that the cell phone won't work and the office can't contact me;
Did I mention eating great food and drinking great wine?

obxgirl,

I doubt anyone here is seriously trashing those who choose not to travel. Maybe just trying to rationalize what seems irrational in our minds? I hadn't thought much about traveling to Europe until DH and I were offered a free place to stay for a week in Austria. We had an unexpected fantastic time and came back with THE TRAVEL BUG. Perhaps some of us who have the bug want to share this fascination with family and friends, cuz, it's so cool, right? Maybe, like us, if they just went once, then they'd get it.

Peeky, in one word "YES".

One of my dear sisters refuses to go to europe. Her reasoning is that she still has "so many wonderful" places to see in the USA. Boy, is she a party-pooper when you try to show her pictures of your last trip.

I believe she is secretly afraid of the language issue. Or maybe she is just waiting for me to plan AND pay for her virgin trip abroad?

ira, don't be making fun of my precious church bells - I have many fond memories of being young and silly while listening to them. Actually, being old and silly also,
Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 02:44 PM
mary

We are planning a trip to Italy in June. We have booked reservations at the Loggia dei Servieti north of the Duomo. Has anyone stayed there--what about the location, the nearby restaurants, and the accomodations??? <BR>Please any info would be great <BR>Thanks <BR>Mary

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 06:17 PM
Denise

Mary, <BR> <BR>If you do a search for the Loggiato de Servetti on this site, you will find many great reviews from those of us who have stayed here. The hotel is wonderful, full of charm and character. As you probably know, it was a monastery. Tile floors, vaulted ceilings, thick walls-this gives you a flavor of Florence. The hotel rooms aren't the largest(mine wasn't), but have beamed ceilings,antiques, very clean, great service and comfortable beds. It's so nice to open the windows and hear the church bells. A wonderful experience! <BR>The location is perfect. Close to everything, but away from the noise of the motorcycles. Two blocks to the Duomo, right near the Academia. Restaurants are everywhere. <BR>Don't worry, enjoy! <BR> <BR>Denise

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 06:18 PM
Denise

Mary, <BR> <BR>If you do a search for the Loggiato de Servetti on this site, you will find many great reviews from those of us who have stayed here. The hotel is wonderful, full of charm and character. As you probably know, it was a monastery. Tile floors, vaulted ceilings, thick walls-this gives you a flavor of Florence. The hotel rooms aren't the largest(mine wasn't), but have beamed ceilings,antiques, very clean, great service and comfortable beds. It's so nice to open the windows and hear the church bells. A wonderful experience! <BR>The location is perfect. Close to everything, but away from the noise of the motorcycles. Two blocks to the Duomo, right near the Academia. Restaurants are everywhere. <BR>Don't worry, enjoy! <BR> <BR>Denise