Reload this Page >

Lodging in the Alsace

Search

Lodging in the Alsace

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 12:29 PM
Richard

Lodging in the Alsace

We're in the early stages of planning a trip to the Alsace in late January. Stops will be Strasbourg, Colmar and Freiburg. We try to keep lodging prices to $60-70 range. We'll be travelling by car, so "off the beaten path" is OK. We're open to zimmer frei, pensions and 1 or 2 star hotels. All comments welcome. Thanks, Richard & Sandi VA <BR>

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 02:57 PM
kam

Leaving soon for France, will end up in Alsace. Although our budget for hotel is about $150, we saw many under this in a terrific brochure available from the French National Tourist Board. They have a wonderful site--search for it--and then request specific info about Alsace, Colmar, Reims, Strasbourg etc. The lodgings were quite reasonable and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. <BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 1998, 01:45 PM
Chris

Hi! In France there is a chain of budget hotels called "Formule 1", which cost under 200FFr/night. You don't have a bathroom, only a sink, small TV and no breakfast (you can get a basic French b'fast for a supplement). The walls are paper thin, but if something like that does the job... And, they're everywhere.

Old Oct 4th, 1998, 06:12 AM
Arizona

Hotel Des Deux Clefs just north of Colmar -- excellent kitchen, quiet village, reasonable rates. Freiburg's Zum Roten Baren -- central location, walk to everything, spotless.

Old Oct 4th, 1998, 06:14 AM
Arizona

My slip-up: Hotel Des Deux Clefs is in the village of Turckheim, a few miles north of Colmar.