Reload this Page >

Lodging in Cinque Terre

Search

Lodging in Cinque Terre

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 05:18 AM
jan

Lodging in Cinque Terre

Could someone give me advice on Cinque Terre lodging? Who has been there in the last month, and could tell me if it would probably be alright in late May to still show up and find a room without reservations.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 05:48 AM
beth y.

I went there a couple years ago in July, the height of the tourist season and got a room without a reservation. We stayed at the Baia, overlooking the beach in Monterosso. We did get there fairly early in the am though.

Old May 13th, 2000, 06:18 PM
Carol

A few years ago you might have been lucky to get a hotel, but now with the whole world reading Rick Steves, not! <BR>We drove to Levanto, parked, found a reasonable hotel, and took the train daily to each of the Cinque Terre. Be careful to take the local, because the express goes to La Spezia (not a great place)

Old May 14th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Bob

You can usually find a room somewhere, but do it early in the day. We stayed at the Belvedere in Portovenere (had reservations) and found it to be very nice. It was not full while we were there, but you never know. Good luck.

Old May 14th, 2000, 12:15 PM
Margo

Here is more info on the hotel Baia in Monterosso Al Mare <BR>BAIA: Via Fegina 88. Tel: 0187-817512. Fax: 0187-818322. (30 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 195,000-235,000L (100-121E) double; 260,000-280,000L (133-144E) triple; 320,000L (164E) quad. Buffet breakfast (8-10am) is included in the rates & cannot be deducted but can be served in the room (6,500L extra pp). Visa, MC, AX. English spoken (Katruscia), direct-dial phone, TV, comfortable rms., 11 rms. w/balconies, #12, 16, 32, 36 & 22 are the best rooms w/balconies facing the water & worth every penny, central heating, double-paned windows, bar, waterfront restaurant, no elevator, 4 flrs. They offer half-board rates. Owned/managed by Tony Cella, although Tony’s ex-wife was at the reception desk helping me. Located near the station facing the beach. With your back to the train station when you exit, turn right down the main road on Via Fegina. (Closed Nov.-Feb.) You may want to check out my book if you plan to go without hotel reservations. Hello Italy! An Insider's Guide To Italian Hotels $50-$99 a night <BR>http://www.HelloEurope.com <BR>

Old May 15th, 2000, 05:47 AM
Paul

We arrived in late May last year without an advance reservation and were approached by several people renting rooms. We actually found a great room from a restaurant owner. The only hotel we tryed at was full. If you are flexible on accomadations, you should have no problem.

Old May 25th, 2000, 05:39 PM
BT

We just returned from Cinque Terre (fabulous!) and we had no problem getting a room. We did (and I know you think we're crazy)stay in Corniglia 300+ stairs - but there is also a road to the right when you get off the train that goes to the town center. We got a glorious view for $40 a night with no reservations...overlooking the cliffs/water. Incidently, we met a couple who booked a room in Vernazza for the same price, but did not have a view over the water.... In short, if you work a little regarding the hike up with luggage...you will get a room with a view of a lifetime. <BR>An older woman met us as we walked in the town and took us to the owner. (Very little English is spoken in Corniglia...fyi). Good luck...We hope your trip is as enjoyable as ours was...