Reload this Page >

Location/TERMINI

Search

Location/TERMINI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Gil

Location/TERMINI

Hi, <BR> <BR>I'm trying to book a hotel in Rome and I'm having difficulty deciding which neighborhood to stay in or rather, which neighborhoods are more suitable (I'd like to enjoy some nightlife as well)? Would it be near the Spanish steps? Near the Pantheon? Etc.. <BR> <BR>Also, and perhaps most importantly, since so many of the hotels within my price range(150,000-250,000 Lira) seem to pop up near the TERMINI train station is Termini. I've read that the area is not such a good one. Is there anything to worry about if I DO decide to stay in that area? Is it JUST the particular block around the station that is somewhat seedy, or is it withing a certain range of blocks. I appreciate any help here since time is of the essence in booking. <BR> Thanks, Gil.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 01:24 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Gil, Try the Hotel Miami for good value. Not far from the station but far enough to be a good location. Get a room off of the main drag for noise.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 06:07 PM
howard

Also try the Hotel Rex on Via Torino, south of the Termini. Great, helpful and hospitable staff! Convenient to two Metro stops, buses, restaurants and other services. It's not as convenient a location as other areas (i.e., Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona), but that area near the termini is safe.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Paul

I second the Hotel Rex it is a wonderful hotel and far enough away from the train station to be quiet and our of the bustle but close enough to be able to walk back easily to catch trains. This is a plush 4 star hotel and one of the best I have stayed in Italy.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 10:37 AM
xzx

Hotel Canada is a wonderful hotel. <BR>It is located 4 blocks from the Termini station. Highly recommend it! Wonderful rooms, people and food. <BR> <BR>Don't rule out the Termini area - it's undergone a facelift and now has a permanent police station on site. It's cleaned up it's act quite a bit!

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 06:31 AM
Gil

Thank you all for putting your 2 cents in. I still have doubts about that area. I've moved on a bit and am looking at Via Veneto. I fear though, that it may be a bit out (far) from the center of town an it's attractions. Does anyone know if this is, in fact that case?