Reload this Page >

Location of Munich Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 04:54 AM
Mike

On a Michelin Map of Munich, there are two airport symbols, one North East of Munich and the other South West. Which one is the International Airport? Thanks for your help

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 05:10 AM
Paige

North east. It's not far from the town of Erding.

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 06:29 AM
Ralphie

Also suggest that if you are not renting car to use the shuttle bus service into town from the airport. it is far enough out that taxi will be expensive. You can buy the bus tickets in the airport and the bus will take you into town. I don't recall the price off hand but it wasn't too expensive.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 07:11 PM
Kay Beck

The airport that shows near town, has been closed for many years. I've been to the new one several times and unless you are driving, take the subway from the Hauptbanhoff, train station, out and/or back.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 12:44 AM
JD

Definitely take the S-bohn from the airport to the Marienplaz or Haughtbonhof. It was free. A taxi will cost you about 100DM ($50.00 US) The airport is in the middle of nowhere so either do the shuttle or the S-bohn <BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 01:05 AM
Paige

The S-bahn is only free if you don't get caught! You're supposed to buy a ticket which costs about 15dm and validate it before you get on. They use the honor system. If you get caught without a ticket, they fine you 60dm. That's not a pleasant experience (I forgot my pass one day). They don't generally speak English and everyone on the train looks at you like you're an idiot.