LJUBLJANA SLOVENIA

Old Nov 16th, 1999, 09:10 AM
Paul O'Toole

LJUBLJANA SLOVENIA

I am travelling by train from Zagreb end Nov to stay in LJUBLJANA for 3 nights and am considering the Holiday Inn. Has anyone stayed their and what were your impressions, cost is not a factor. Thankyou.

Paul

Old Nov 16th, 1999, 11:42 AM
s.fowler

There was a good article on Ljubljana in a recent T&L. The hotel most often mentioned as I've been researching this city is the Grand Hotel Union which seems to be affiliated with the Holiday Inn. Their website is: http://www.gh-union.si/

Some more websites:
http://www.toptours.co.uk/ljubljana.htm
http://www.ljubljana.si/where/welcome.htm

Old Nov 18th, 1999, 02:14 PM
alan

Hi! We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Ljubljana in 1993 or 1994. Nice hotel nothing spectacular except its location. We had a problem with them initially as we were quoted one price when we made our reservation and upon arrival were told if we wanted to stay they made an error. would not budge on price, but we decide to stay anyway as they had a parking garage. The hotel had many US soldiers at the time for R&R probably and they pretty much filled the hotel. No problems, just surprised at the number of American.
We stayed either 2 or 3 nights also and were VERY surprised at how nice and pleasant the city it. Friendly toward Americans. very nice city to tour by foot. We did not mind paying the extra money as we enjoyed the city very much. My wife still comments how much she was surprised by it. We were there 2 yrs after the Yugoslavian army invaded. The people mentioned it on a city tour we took but did not belaborit. They had went through a lot and were looking forward. Check out the Rough Guide "Europe" and the Lonely Planet Guide "Eastern Europe"
Enjoy! alan

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Jerry

Extremly noisy the holiday inn.It's a former communist hotel, to avoid it

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 02:19 PM
susan

I was in Ljubljana in June of this year!!! I loved it, we stayed at the Intercontental only because I wanted a hotel that I was sure they spoke english, I think everyone in slovenia speaks english!! but my next trip I would stay at the Grand, it's located in the center of town and easy walking to all of the area, and a most beautiful hotel.I must tell you that Slovenia is the best kept secreat of any country in Europe...I enjoyed it very much..You do need a car to get around if you want ot go to Bled and the Adreatic, but the roads and signs are very easy to read.
Sorry to say that I don't remember seeing a Holiday Inn. If you need more info on this great country e-mail me.