Live from Rome

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Tracie

Live from Rome

Hello everyone. I had the most exciting day here in Rome, Italy that I had to share it with you. (I found this cyber cafe but my husband is out of the office so I cant email him!) I ended up at the Vatican (St. Peters) this morning only to find it closed and gobs of people lined up. Being curious (okay, nosey) I decided to get in line with everyone to find out what was going on. I ended up sitting up front outside listening to a large mass service and after about an hour, the Pope came out in a little car, drove through the crowd and then spoke to the audience for about 1/2 hour! It was so amazing, Ive never seen anything like it! Anyway, just wanted to share that exciting news with someone. <BR> <BR>And by the way, Rome is beautiful! The weather is perfect and the people are so very friendly! So, anybody who is worried about travelling, please come, its just wonderful! (Oh, and Bill Clinton is here also!) <BR> <BR>Thanks for listening to all who read!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Lisa

Thanks Tracy, <BR> <BR>My Mom is in Rome today also (you're probably standing next to her). My sisters & I are glad to know all is well.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Diane

Glad you are enjoying yourself, Tracie! We kept popping in to cyber cafes last May in an attempt to communicate with our son...it was futile, so getting some feedback from friendly Fodorites was much more fun. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Helen Donegan

It is lovely to hear your excitement Tracie - reminds me of my first days in Rome - have a great time!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:10 AM
candice

Hi Tracie, thank you for the cheerful news! We were unable to make our trip to Rome and Florence this year, happy to hear that it is as beautiful and pleasant as ever..keep the news coming, I will travel vicariously through you~C

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Judy

Tracie, your post is so wonderfully upbeat, I think you may have touched my concept of a perfect travel moment: the delightfully unexpected! <BR> Thanks for making me smile! <BR> Judy