Reload this Page >

Lisbon - Help needed for Birthday Meal planning

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Tina

We are two couples visiting Lisbon 28-31 March 2003 and 29th is the birthday of my friends husband. We would like to know if you know of anywhere special to eat. Not TOO expensive but good food and atmosphere. Also is it best to stay in Lisbon or in Sintra and visit Lisbon? Thanks for your help!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Danielle

For your birthday dinner in Lisbon, I would recommend the Cervejaria Trindade: A traditional beer hall and restaurant with beautiful decorative tiles (azulejos) covering the walls. The atmosphere is wonderful, the food is good and not too pricey. <BR><BR>If you want to visit both Sintra and Lisbon, you could stay somewhere in between like Cascais.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Teresa

Tina, I see that Danielle has given you a good tip on restaurants but as a Portuguese I suggest you the restaurant CONVENTUAL in Lisbon, if you want to taste real traditional and well made Portuguese food and wonderful conventual desserts. It's not cheap but moderate priced. Have a nice trip.

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you both for your response.. will try BOTH! We love Portugese food and will enjoy ourselves very much.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:54 PM

Tina/Screamer - Please let us know how you enjoyed these 2 recommended restaurants - we're heading there in early June and are on the lookout for that *unforgetable* place! ENJOY!
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 04:00 AM

i do recomend the CERVEJ&Aacute;LIA<BR><BR>also recomend<BR>Hi<BR>I have found some sites that may help you, for hotels try:<BR>www.hotelsportugal.com<BR>for cars please check:<BR>www.portugal-spain.com<BR>www.drive-portugal.com<BR>www.travelers-portugal.com