Lisbon and Seville Questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to Lisbon and Seville (before going to Paris). I have a total of seven days and nights. I am trying to decide how to split my time; four days in Lisbon and Three in Seville, or vice versa? I am flying into Lisbon from the States, and then flying from Lisbon to Seville. This is my first trip to Lisbon or Seville (though I have been to Spain a few times). I would also probably like to take a day trip the Alhambra in Granada, which I understand will take a full, long day.

I would appreciate any advice about how to organize my days, and if Alhambra is worth the day trip, given my somewhat limited time.

Thank you.
Old Apr 6th, 2016, 06:48 AM

Depending on where you're flying in from (east or west coast), you may need time to adjust to your new location. In that case, 4 nights in Lisbon would work. Besides there is a lot to see and do with such a short visit.

Regarding visiting Granada from Sevilla. Yes, it's possible, but makes for a very long day. Even doing a private transfer, or driving, takes close to 3 hours, one-way. Rail service is not the best right now.

If you do decide to see the Alhambra, remember you'll need to book your tickets in advance.
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
We were in Seville in 2014 and loved it. We spent 4 days there and could have stayed longer. The Alhambra is definitely worth seeing but I wouldn't do it as a day trip from Seville. It would make for a long day and you can spend hours there. As Robert says, you also need to book tickets in advance. We are going to Lisbon this year and plan to spend 5 nights/days there. There is a lot to see in both cities. I would probably split my time with 3 days in Lisbon and 4 in Seville and do a day trip to Cordoba instead. It's an easy train ride to Cordoba from Seville and the Mezquita there is fabulous.
Old May 4th, 2016, 05:07 PM

I'm going to Lisbon and Seville In two weeks with a side trip to Grandada (for the day on a private tour. ) .
Old May 4th, 2016, 05:07 PM

I'll let you know .