Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Lisbon & Barcelona: possible in one week?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Marlena

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Portugal & Spain, he's hoping we can visit not only Portugal (fly into Lisbon) but see (& fly out of) Barcelona. This seems like way too much to do in 7 days unless we rush. Can anyone comment on the feasibility of this? How long does it take to travel by train from Lisbon to Barcelona? Advice? <BR> <BR>Marlena

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 03:02 PM
AMC

Impossible to drive or take train, but flights are very inexpensive. We are flying Madrid to Barcelona, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Madrid for about $300 per person in December. We're going for 2 weeks, and have been to Madrid before. <BR>I think you can spend 4 nights in Barcelona and the rest in Lisbon and be OK. You'll miss going outside of Lisbon, but that will be another trip, right?

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Stephanie

Where did you get all those flights for $300? What airline and are they all direct? <BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:29 AM
kris

We visited Lisbon, Barcelona and the area to the north of Lisbon with about 9-10 days so I think both cities are doable with a week. Be sure to take a daytrip from Lisbon out to Sintra, maybe 45 minutes by train. <BR> <BR>We used the flightpass from www.europebyair.com for $99 plus taxes each to fly from Barcelona to Lisbon (I think it may be $89 if you reserve with American Express). You can reserve a specific flight which I would recommend as we tried to use them for our last trip and all the seats at the $99 price were gone. <BR> <BR>The flight was on Portugalia which was a smaller plane but was perfectly fine.