Search

Lippizaner Show

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2024, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lippizaner Show

Worth It?--Expensive and Seating Chart is Hard to Decipher

I am down to one day that is 70 minute show for E$130 or $150 for decent seats. I would have preferred 45 minute show at lower cost.
The seating information on the ticket site is useless--better information from online posts but they mention good less expensive seats numbered in 160s and I do not see those anywhere
Apparently many seats have a bar or columns in front of view as well.
They offer stable and/or training tours as well but they seem to have mixed reviews.
Old Feb 24th, 2024, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Lipizzaner Tkts Resolved

After searching for better seating charts than the one offered by the venue, I was able to successfully book good tickets. I also found advice of fan who attended multiple shows useful once I had the better seating chart, although I never could discern seats by numbers Unlike when you book play ticket and click on a seat that shows number, this does not hold true for this venue.
Old Feb 25th, 2024, 05:44 AM

I find the SRS website challenging too! I plan on attending a performance in December, but the tickets are not posted yet for the last quarter of the year. Did you find out if the difference in pricing for Performance I and II is due to the day of the weekend, or based on the skills performed (ie. pas de deux)? Just curious, did you ultimately select the short or long side, ground or upper level seats? Since attending a performance at the SRS is the initial reason for my trip … I want to purchase a ticket with the best view possible! Thank you for sharing the information you have already posted, and any further insight you can provide!
Old Feb 26th, 2024, 07:41 AM

OP : are you asking about the Lipizzaner show here in Vienna?
Old Feb 26th, 2024, 11:25 AM

We loved the show, years ago in the US. It was dream like..
Old Feb 27th, 2024, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Tickets purchased

I bought seats for the 75 minute show because the shorter show was sold out. We are on floor Parterreloge short end Row 3 seats 11 and 12 for 132 euros each -- more than I wanted to pay but hey I am only doing this once.
Rows 1 and 2 were recommended but the woman who posts so much about seating said row 3 was slightly higher than first rows so good unobstructed view--I am short so always worry about tall person in front of me.
Hope this helps
No information after purchase about how much before show to arrive, but I will hope our hotel's concierge can help. The Spanish Riding School site has contact options but every time I try it it does not connect to post a message.
Old Feb 27th, 2024, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the details! I’m short, too, so have the same worry about tall people in front of me … or high hair do; my problem at the theater in London this past January!!
Old Mar 7th, 2024, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

I think difference between performances is one is shorter and thus costs less and the other is longer and costs more. I had no choice for day I was booking and got longer 75 minute show. Each ticket cost $142. (It was 132 euros when I bought it and receipt says includes VAT). I bought seats on short end ground floor
Ticket says
"seats cat 4, standard price
PARTERRELOGE, Row 3, Seat 11 (and 12)

Hope this helps. Maybe Austrian tourist office can help you answer how much before your date tickets are posted.

I am annoyed that there is no way to find out how much prior to showtime to arrive and I have not been able to contact Spanish Riding School to answer this. Will ask concierge at my hotel before we go our at least plan to arrive 30 minutes before. Mention this so you can see if it says anything as you are booking..
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 07:37 AM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
We reserved one of these shows (Piber meets Vienna) early in our first year of living in Vienna (DD was/is a horse enthusiast). 30-45 minutes beforehand is plenty of time if you won't have any backpacks, etc to check. We had Galerie seats near to the middle and enjoyed our experience.
Old Mar 17th, 2024, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks for letting me know about arrival timing and no backpacks!
Old Mar 17th, 2024, 11:45 PM

My experience in September, 2022 was photos were allowed before the show.

As the show started a usher (Austrian) explained no photos were permitted.
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 04:45 AM

Spanish Riding School schedule of performances has recently been announced for December so I was able to purchase my ticket! Decided it’s my bucket list item so splurged, and bought the upper level, short gallery - Hofloge, row 1, seat 7. Costly - 180€. It’s going to be a horsey few days … attending the training exercises of young Lipizzan stallions with music on Friday, and the stable tour after the performance on Saturday. Of course since this will be in December, some Christmas markets, too!